cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

It sounds like you've had a huge amount on your plate @mrmusic, but it also sounds like you've been handling every single one of these situations and viewing them in the best way possible! That is very inspiring to see! Also here if you ever feel like you want to talk about it Smiley Happy

Negative: I wanted to have my resume done and have found a job by now as I have finished uni 1 month ago.

Positive: I have graduated after 5 years in uni so it has been nice and I think healthy actually letting myself having a break finally and being able to relax Smiley Happy

Negative: I had a really bad day

Positive: My boyfriend helped me through it.

Hi @HRNSHLY,

It is great to see you are joining some of our wellbeing and strengths based topics, and that your boyfriend was able to support you through a tough day Smiley Happy A few members have posted on your thread here too Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

This is such a helpful thread!
Negative: I got knocked back for an opportunity I really wanted to do this semester
Positive: They told me i can do it next semester instead, It'll probably fit my uni timetable better then too!

neg: I have tons of readings do do and been procrastinating
pos: it's okay I can catch up on the weekend. I had a busy day yesterday so it's okay I feel really tired. I'm not human at the end of the day.
neg: my head feels sore. I'm so tired of living with chronic pain.
pos: it's not the worst at least. I probably just need some rest.

Hey @Beautifullybroken, really nice re-framing of those negative thoughts. I hope you get some relief soon! Heart

Negative: I was quite embarrassed in class yesterday because the lecturer pointed out something I'd done wrong in front of everyone.

Positive: I have the most supportive friends and was able to rant about it and express my feelings so I managed to shake it off Smiley Happy 

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

negative- i was given a diagnosis that was quite shocking and also upsetting
positive- it is treatable but may take some time to fully recover from
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Loving the ways you two @letitgo and @scared01 are reframing the negatives! @letitgo that's so horrible that your lecturer pointed out something you did wrong in front of everyone - but at least it's great to hear you've got friends you can reach out for support! Smiley Very Happy. @scared01 receiving a new diagnosis can be such a shocking and overwhelming experience, isn't it? But it's good to hear that it is treatable. Best wishes with your recovery Smiley Happy

hugs @letitgo having things pointed out is tough but im glad you have supportive friends Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**