cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

thank you @Esperanza67 Heart
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Neg: had another bad day. Fights with my brother and just generally feeling low/sad.
Pos: I made it through the day

Neg: feeling things are pointless and life is ovetwhelming. Why bother?
Pos: I'm going through a rough patch now. Things will get brighter again sometime.

Neg: Most days I feel completely alone and like no one understands me
Pos: Then I see my psychologist and her words, tone of voice and mood in the room tells me she understands.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

I think you're amazing @Bee and I believe in you!! Heart

// Spiral outward, keep going. //
Highlighted

Neg: After a comment from a colleague I felt hurt and sad. The comment was in no way negative said to purposely hurt me. It was that my own emotions and reactions are more intense than necessary for the situation.
Pos: I was polite and understanding to my colleague. I later let myself cry in private and sought support from some close friends. I'm feeling a little better about the situation now that I've had more time to really grasp it and come to terms with it.

Neg: My reaction to the news makes me feel like maybe I'm not ready to take that step and move up in my work life right now.
Pos: I've decided that I will still apply and take it as it comes. If I don't get it I still have a job and it will let my new manager know I'm open/interested in more work.

Neg: I feel annoyed at myself for the intensity of my reaction and the thoughts and feelings I had in my time of high emotional reaction.
Pos: I guess ultimately this is still an area I need to work on and managing the intensity of my feelings/thoughts/reactions.

Negative: I'm so, so fucking tired. Physically, mentally, emotionally, I'm just so tired. (and now it's getting broken up into reasons/things

Neg: Everything hurts all the bloody time. My ankle, my wrist, my fucking shoulder that spread to my neck that has now spread to my other shoulder and I want to just... I don't know I just hate it! I hate the pain. I hate the laziness of myself because I can't fucking be bothering doing exercises that are supposed to help. I can't sit properly or rest properly that'd make things better too. 

Pos: I'm still here and still coping I guess. I just have to learn to live with this. I did it with my ankle. I did it with my wrist and I'll do it with these stupid shoulders too. 

Neg: It takes me literal hours to get out of bed in the mornings because I just can't bring myself to pull myself up. Even if I do get up, I go straight back to bed! It's not helping the tiredness or the pain either and I'm too stupid to do anything about it. 

Pos: I have good days. And when I lie in bed some mornings I get to do some writing so it's not all bad.

Neg: Everything changes and is different and there's so much chaos and mess and I hate it all so much. 

Pos: Control what I can. Accept what I can't. No matter how hard it is. 

Neg: Nearly every time I have a commitment to attend, I want to Not. I want to quit my jobs. I want to quit martial arts. I want to quit life basically. Just, all responsibilities. I just want to eat and sleep all day. 

Pos: I still go. Sure, the constant "I don't want to" is exhausting, but I still go.

Neg: I'm so lonely. I'm envious of people who have close friends, fun relationships(friendships). While I "blame" other people, I know it's all on me because I'm useless and hopeless with anything. 

Pos: Time and patience. I'll find my place.

Neg: I'm so tired all the time. Right now, looking at my laptop screen my eyes keep unfocusing, I'm so sick of it all. 

Pos: I still keep going. I'm tired. I don't want to. But I'm safe and I'm still going. 

Neg: I'm tired of feeling low ALL of the time. My emotions feel hard to deal with and that just feels harder.

Pos: I'm still pushing through each day. Doing my best I can.

Neg: My blood results weren't good, and there are things I'm low in that my psychiatrist wants to be improved; which is understandable, but I just have no care or energy to care or act.

Pos: I see my GP tomorrow. Will try and chat to her about it. I am doing the best I can to cope with everything right now.

Neg: My manager has now finished at work, and I already miss her a LOT Smiley Sad

Pos: I was able to express my appreciation for her and how much I'll miss her. We hugged goodbye.

hey @Bee

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a rough time at the moment. You are such a helpful and active member of our community, and you have done a really amazing job in talking about how all the stressful and difficult situations sometimes have a positive side, and I am really proud of you for doing so well in pushing through and doing the best you can Heart 

Negative: Feeling really demotivated and tired today even though I have so much uni work to do.
Positive: Accepted my day may be less productive than I wanted, but I managed to go for a walk and do some cleaning which is still something!

Neg: Just feeling so miserable within myself. At work. At home. Everything feels so grey. Smiley Sad
Pos: I'm taking my meds. I started a new one, so hopefully, it helps. I'm trying to be easy with myself. I've got a couple ideas to try and get through the tough parts.

Neg: I keep crying over small things. I hate it
Pos: I'm going to keep trying to push through them.

Keep pushing through, @Bee. You're so strong and we're all behind you.

Negative: Slept through my alarm this morning

Positive: Still got to uni early and was able to find some time to come onto the forums.