cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Hey @Shin_kicks 

Welcome to the forums Heart 

Thanks for sharing this! That must have been a good moment for you. 

Highlighted

Negative: I withdrew my volunteer shift from a event happening tomorrow, because I haven't had enough sleep for almost a week, and I had so many things waiting to be done but I don't have enough time for them. I've been feeling quite exhausted and grumpy for the past week. But I feel really really bad cancelling my volunteer shift. 

Positive: I can finally have a proper sleep tonight. I'll have a whole day tomorrow to recharge and get a lot of things done, so I can be on top of things and have a great start for next week!

@Sam9631 it can take a lot of strength to prioritise self-care, I hope you had a restful day and good sleep Smiley Happy

Negative: feeling extremely tired and worn out.
Positive: took this as a sign to practise some self-care, had a shower and am now going to nap.

Neg: Have been feeling quite lost in my life and lacking direction.
Pos: I've been doing lots of self-care and taking each day as it comes.

Neg: Having problems with a work manager. I had an anxiety attack after an interaction with her which involved her notifying me of a couple of mistakes I'd made. I felt attacked and put down. When I tried to explain why it happened she misunderstood and wasn't getting it.
Pos: I realised I was getting too emotional to face it professionally so I left the room and gave myself time to try and calm down. I did my best to calm down and returned to the office and continued my work. I kept my distance from her for the rest of the day and just focused on my work.

Neg: Was involved in a (minor) car accident yesterday afternoon. I was quite shaken over it, and still, I am a bit now 24 hours on.
Pos: I have some amazing friends who have listened to me and helped comfort me. My mum has been a good support and helped me start the process of letting our insurance broker know and getting a quote from the repair place.

Neg: I was scared to ring work to tell them I needed the day off today due to the accident and being so shaken.
Pos: The manager was nice to me over the phone.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: I was feeling tired yesterday afternoon and didn't have the energy to go to the gym which I told myself I would do.

Positive: That's my body's way of telling me that I need to have an early night and prioritise my self care, I can reschedule another gym day 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Negative: woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

Positive: went to the gym, saw my best friend and aunt, soldiered on! 

Jojo Rabbit GIF by Fox Searchlight

@Bee sounds like a lot on your plate at the moment! Glad to hear that you have some amazing friends and mum who have been good supports throughout this difficult time <3

Negative: I just finished my degree and have been feeling a little bit overwhelmed and lost
Positive: I have done some positive reframing journalling - which always helps and am focusing on self-care and staying busy Smiley Happy

Neg: feeling so very overwhelmed right now and all I can do is cry right now. My brain is struggling to cope with everything in life and adult. I just wish things were easier..
Pos: I've done well to run the errands I wanted today and managed some colouring today. I'm laying down resting my brain because it's overwhelmed. Just giving myself time to feel all the pent up emotions

Neg: adulting is hard. Especially budgetting and money side of things. Ughh. I also haven't put money into my savings for a couple mo ths and had 2 big expenses come out. And I haven't even got my car fixed yet and no idea what my excess will be and ugh it's just a lot of worry.
Pos: I'll work something out. Worst comes to worse the car doesn't get fixed for a while. It's still roadworthy and it just means I don't have a spare tyre right now either...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee @delicatedreamer @May_ @Maddy-RO @Jess1-RO 

Negative: Had a 50/50 day and got really confused about who I am and things like that

Positive: I had a conversation with my Mum about other stuff that got my mind of it