cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Good on you for taking the initiative to speak to your mum @Dyl Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

Negative: feeling very tired and burnt out as I officially finished uni yesterday
Positive: taking the day to rest, cook some nice food and be gentle with myself.

Sounds like a great plan for self care today @MisoBear!

Negative: I've been feeling very stressed and anxious around work. I'm scared of my manager and am too scared to talk to anyone to resolve anything. I just want to run away. I don't see things getting any better.
Positive: I was able to write my psych an in-depth email last night and we had a chat about it today. While I cried through the session, It was so nice to have someone understand what I was feeling and tell me it was okay.

Negative: After leaving the session I feel a bit lost though. I'm not sure what I want to do next, I'm contradicted in everything I think and feel. It's overwhelming to think about to try and work through it.
Positive: I've been able to push past some of the hard things and survive, so I guess when I'm ready things will fall into place.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hi @Bee you have done a great job highlight some positives in challenging situations- not an easy thing to do and real testament to your strength Heart You mentioned pushing past some hard things with your psych, which is so brave! It can take a lot of courage to get to a point of being ready to address the tough stuff, and it sounds like you have the trust there with your psych to work through things together. Super proud of you @BeeHeart

Thanks @Jess1-RO that means a lot Heart

Neg: Have been feeling quite flat and low today. I haven't wanted to face the world or interact with anything 🤷‍♀️

Pos: I got up and I have managed to do a couple of things today. I've spent a bit of time on the forums. I spent some time looking into the course fees and what I need to do to complete my enrollment in the course.

Neg: I was so anxious about making a call today, it was eating me up inside.

Pos: I made the call, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did it.

Neg: Part of me questions if all the events from the weekend and being sick in an unfamiliar city and ending up in hospital have rocked me more emotionally than I initially thought.

Pos: I was surrounded by amazing people who helped look after me. I got the care I needed and have recovered, although I'm still quite tired I'm okay.

Neg: I have my psychiatrist appointment tomorrow afternoon and I kind of don't want to bother with it. I just want a stress free day or period for a while.

Pos: I have confirmed I'm attending so I really need to attend. Feeling like I don't want to attend means that I really do need to attend the appointment.

k,k,

Negative: this weather in this climate crisis is so turbulent, like...giphy.gifcold when it shouldn't be, given it's summer...giphy (1).gifAND EVEN THEN dangerously (and increasingly) hot even for summer...BUT
Positive: honestly, the response and mobilisation, global mobilisation of young people! 

giphy (2).gifThis year Greta Thunberg lead the biggest youth-based climate strike in history, and that is everythinggggg