cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Good on you for taking the initiative to speak to your mum @Dyl Heart

Check out our community activities calendar here

Negative: feeling very tired and burnt out as I officially finished uni yesterday
Positive: taking the day to rest, cook some nice food and be gentle with myself.

Sounds like a great plan for self care today @MisoBear!

Negative: I've been feeling very stressed and anxious around work. I'm scared of my manager and am too scared to talk to anyone to resolve anything. I just want to run away. I don't see things getting any better.
Positive: I was able to write my psych an in-depth email last night and we had a chat about it today. While I cried through the session, It was so nice to have someone understand what I was feeling and tell me it was okay.

Negative: After leaving the session I feel a bit lost though. I'm not sure what I want to do next, I'm contradicted in everything I think and feel. It's overwhelming to think about to try and work through it.
Positive: I've been able to push past some of the hard things and survive, so I guess when I'm ready things will fall into place.

We reflected on the joys of 2019

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hi @Bee you have done a great job highlight some positives in challenging situations- not an easy thing to do and real testament to your strength Heart You mentioned pushing past some hard things with your psych, which is so brave! It can take a lot of courage to get to a point of being ready to address the tough stuff, and it sounds like you have the trust there with your psych to work through things together. Super proud of you @BeeHeart

Thanks @Jess1-RO that means a lot Heart

Neg: Have been feeling quite flat and low today. I haven't wanted to face the world or interact with anything 🤷‍♀️

Pos: I got up and I have managed to do a couple of things today. I've spent a bit of time on the forums. I spent some time looking into the course fees and what I need to do to complete my enrollment in the course.

Neg: I was so anxious about making a call today, it was eating me up inside.

Pos: I made the call, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did it.

Neg: Part of me questions if all the events from the weekend and being sick in an unfamiliar city and ending up in hospital have rocked me more emotionally than I initially thought.

Pos: I was surrounded by amazing people who helped look after me. I got the care I needed and have recovered, although I'm still quite tired I'm okay.

Neg: I have my psychiatrist appointment tomorrow afternoon and I kind of don't want to bother with it. I just want a stress free day or period for a while.

Pos: I have confirmed I'm attending so I really need to attend. Feeling like I don't want to attend means that I really do need to attend the appointment.

Highlighted

k,k,

Negative: this weather in this climate crisis is so turbulent, like...giphy.gifcold when it shouldn't be, given it's summer...giphy (1).gifAND EVEN THEN dangerously (and increasingly) hot even for summer...BUT
Positive: honestly, the response and mobilisation, global mobilisation of young people! 

giphy (2).gifThis year Greta Thunberg lead the biggest youth-based climate strike in history, and that is everythinggggg

Neg: A migraine started while at work Friday afternoon and my head still hurts Smiley Sad 

Pos: I've been doing everything I can to keep it under control - drinking lots of water, keeping cool and trying not to stress too much

Neg: I'm starting to worry about the head pain because it's the exact same spot it was a couple of weeks ago when I was in hospital overnight (which felt like days!)

Pos: I'm managing to avoid googling it to not worry myself more. If it gets worse I'll try to see my GP earlier, or I'll see another GP in the practice I go to.

Neg: I've felt a bit all over the place with my emotions and mood with work, my head pain and worrying about the future.

Pos: I'm trying to look after myself and be kind to myself. I know that some of the worries are things I've got to work through and look at, and they will in due time, right now my priority is being kind to myself to cope with now.