cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Got some not so good news today but trying to frame it as a learning experience, as my mentor so well put it on the phone “be disappointed but not disheartened”.

I also opened this thread up to a random page and posts from my old account 3 and a half years ago came up and the posts I was reading were along the lines of “I’m not where I want to be or who I want to be like”. Holy fuck. I achieved that!!

Ok, I just checked and the exact post said “I feel very distant from the person I want to be” and I remember writing that, and I know why I said it. God i really have come far.

Negative: It is almost Haloween and I do not want to give away my treats

Positive: Opening the door is optional, haha

@Saltwaterdreamtime love hearing about your self-growth and how far you have come- that is lovely to hear- it's cool that it was so well documented as well Smiley Happy

Negative: spent the whole day attempting to put together furniture where the instructions were not in English and the diagram went like this 

step 1: lay out all peices 

step 2: one giant picture with all the screws going in different places 

Positive: well I  got it done, it just took a really long time and now I’m starving hungry. Normally I would just skip the instructions and just do it but this had to be done properly 

Neg: my partner isn’t feeling too flash today so I offered to stay home

Pos; I’ve got a pile of admin that I feel like I will never see the end of so I might try and make a start while I’m at home 

We also had a storm this morning, kind of nice waking up after a hot night to lightening and a little rain 

It's so great to read all of these re-framed negatives to positives, it is such a great skill to have! 

@Saltwaterdreamtime  I love a good summer storm, especially that rain smell that you get afterwards.

Neg: Feeling pretty exhausted after small people in our house have been quite sick for the last few weeks

Pos: COFFEE! And grateful for universal healthcare, a great local GP and quick and free COVID tests, compared to a lot of people around the world we are very lucky

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

@Janine-RO Ours too, I feel like it’s because we are all going back into the world and exposing ourselves to germs again (which is fine!) as opposed to being in our houses all the time. 
Tests back within 24 hours in Victoria these these days, sometimes same day if you’re lucky, we’ve all had at least one each 🙃 The waiting is  the worst part. I’m pretty sure I rehearsed and wrote down my answers in preparation for if the contract traced called me when I had mine hahaha I was a bit nervous 

Yes, a summer storm is nice. It’s been hot here the last few days and now it’s cooler, so I think we will all be grateful for a decent night sleep tonight. 

I have one more. I had booked in to go to Melbourne to see my sister this Friday and they’ve cancelled. Again.
This is not unusual. I haven’t seen any of my siblings in a long long time but every time I arrange to see them it falls through. It’s deflating. I still want to be a part of their lives but it feels like I have to rebuild it all with them after not seeing them for ages but I don’t have the opportunity to do that.
Pos: I guess I have more time on Friday than I thought

That sounds really disappointing @Saltwaterdreamtime , really sorry to hear it. Family relationships can be so complex. I hope you can do something nice with your little family on Friday to make up for it a bit. 

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2020 here

Sometimes I find myself ruining the moment because of this. It's hard to stop myself from thinking about what could be instead of what is.