cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Yeah, it involves some pretty cool stuff like graphic design, film editing, game design, photojournalism and that sort of thing. Lots of paths to take and lots of passionate people so I'm really looking forward to starting on a new path.

Hahahahaha 5 days in lockdown and I only just decided to get some work done and word crashed after spending 3 hours working on 2 seperate documents. Kill me. But hey at least lockdown is over. 😈

The computer gods can be cruel @Saltwaterdreamtime !!!  So sorry to hear that -could not be happier for you all to hear that lockdown is over though. 

Check out our community activities calendar here

I am so sad @Janine-RO all of the work was even spelling and grammar checked and basically ran through with a fine tooth comb by my handy dandy assistant and now it’s all gone.
But it’s ok, I’m just glad I can go back to work tomorrow and we can claim our lounge room back.... the fort is still up.

SO frustrating - I have been there several times. It's the worst feeling! This has saved me a few times, if you were running word you might be able to use Autorecover?  It's a bit wordy, but the site gives a good step by step on how you can sometimes recover files after your computer has crashed Smiley Happy Congrats on being able to go back to work - and as awesome as blanket forts are I'm sure it will be nice to reclaim your space Smiley Happy 

Check out our community activities calendar here

Negative: Some people weren't very flexible regarding me not being able to make it to something because I had an appointment booked months in advance which I didn't want to wait any longer for. Their response made me angry because I felt like I was being punished for something that was not in my control.
Positive: I'm happy that I stood up for myself and told them I wouldn't be rescheduling the appointment. My health is more important than their lack of adequate notice.

@WheresMySquishy good on you for seeing the positive in what sounds like a frustrating situation. That would have made me angry too! 

Negative: I've been getting heaps of pain in my feet and knees lately (mainly because I've been putting off my health appointments for a really long time) 

Positive: I booked an appointment for today and have been tacking all my health appointments that I've been too anxious to face. All I can do now is prevent further damage and use appointments as a way of looking after myself Smiley Happy 

Good news @Bre-RO! I ended up emailing another person to tell them I wouldn't be able to make it due to the appointment and they were very understanding and willing to work with me to find an alternative. Smiley Happy

I hope your pain gets better. Good on you for booking an appointment! I hope it went well. Smiley Happy

I feel like I've just wasted a free hour (daylight savings), but at least I won't feel as guilty when I wake up in the morning because it will be an hour earlier than it would be. Smiley Very Happy