cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Wasn't feeling so great this afternoon

Positive: I faught through it and came out feeling okay the other side Smiley Happy

Negative: Got into a fight with my brother where he proceeded to call me some rather rude, nasty and offenseive names... Smiley Sad

Positive: I didn't accept it and told him it was offensive, then got dad to deal with him.

Negative: certain things around home are really starting to get to me and just annoy me a bit..

Positive: I'm dealing with these accordingly and doing my best not to make it a big thing...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: I got fired

Positive: Just means I'll have more time for TAFE next year

Negative: Not feeling so great at the moment. Got some pretty neg thoughts running through my mind and I'm feeling overwhelmed...
Positive: I've been able to identify the feeling, the cause! I'm pretty sure I know tonights trigger. Smiley Happy KHL counsellor would be happy with that (:

Negative: My good mood was brought down by the fights with my younger brother. I just don't know how to cope around him anymore. I cannot say anything about him without it being really negative, he's not really a bad kid. I can't even be around him long before fights break out. It's really making living at home really hard for me right now Smiley Sad And it hurts, because I never wanted to be this kind of person. It's like a knife in the chest...
Positive: I'm catastrophizing again. Yes certain parts of being at home are hard, but he's not to blame. I am doing the best I can, I just need to keep reminding myself of that 

Negative: There is so much going on around me right now, yet so little to focus on. I kinda feel like I'm up the creek without a paddle on a very still day!!! No wind to push me, no paddle to row myself...
Positive: I guess I can sit and wait for the wind to come and give me a push... Meanwhile I'm left with my own thoughts.

Negative: At times I question why I am doing the things I am. I question my ability to fight through. My own sense of self is damaged.
Positive: I'm fighting it. I'm trying to keep my head above water and not be permanently dunked...

Negative: I feel like I'm not making sense. That I'm just digging myself a bigger hole. Like I'm just making myself feel bad by attempting this tonight...
Positive: To me it kinda makes sense. I am trying to figure myself out! I am going to head ovre to Everyday Life to find some positives in today Smiley Happy

Negative: Oh god oh god two exams tomorrow, one on tuesday and two more on thursday... I am so screwed.

Positive: It can't be that bad? I usually pass and today, I even studied a bit! And I have a break before my last exams so that's good. And my last exam's a performance! 

Negative: In less than a week one my best friends is leaving. She's been here for a year and I've known her for at least 9 months. I never thought I'd miss someone as much as I do her. I'm such an awkward person and she's my friend, how'd that even work? Someone who I haven't known for the past few years liking me? I just didn't think it possible.

Positive: I can still keep in contact with her! Maybe now I should get facebook or something that will help me keep in contact with her. 

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Neg: it's freezing outside and I'm exhausted from a very long day full of challenges....
Pos: I'll get the blood work done then go to bed. Don't have to be up early tomorrow....

Neg: what a day- I'm so tired and cold......
Pos: I was challenged today and I survived! Smiley Happy meeting p wasn't so bad and I was able to concentrate= bonus!!! Smiley Very Happy

Neg: feel like I'm in over my head.....
Pos: mum'll explain it to me

Negative: Feeling a bit sick tonight and zonked, exhausted
Positive: It's been a BIG day for me today!

Negative: I didn't get to see my friend today, was a bit disappointed, I wanted to share my news...
Positive: I will see her soon! She knows my news, and I know she's happy Smiley Happy

Negative: I lost my necklace today. It's very important to me, my boyfriend gave it to me. I'm upset that it took me so long to realise that it was gone, and I feel very anxious about losing it. I have contacted all of the places I could have lost it in the last week, but have come up with nothing. Normally something like this wouldn't bother me, but lately I've just been overly anxious, and catastrophizing everything. I feel like because I've lost it something bad will happen.

Positive: It could easily turn up, as long as I keep looking for it. Nothing bad will happen, I'm just over thinking.
Highlighted

Negative: Got one more exam in December. Feeling too crap to deal with studying.

Positive: Hopped onto RO and to see how everyone is going instead. Loving the replies in this thread. 

@Doris Good luck with your exam! I know how hard it is sometimes to study, especially when you're feeling down. I hope you're able to push through it! 

Negative: My partner was admitted to hospital today, probably for the week. I'm a bit worried and I'm really missing him.

Positive: It's the best place for him at the moment. They'll soon fix him up and he'll be well and ready to come home. Plus, I can visit him everyday.

Negative: Feeling rather self conscience today. My mind just constantly attacking me. Pointing out every single flaw. Feeling like I'm at war with myself Smiley Sad

Positive: I tried to stand confident, I tried not to let my mind destroy me while walking through the supermarket. I'm now barracading myself in my room to try and feel a bit better about myself. avoiding reflections and mirrors for now.

Negative: So many thoughts going through my head right now. I don't know how to cope, or get them out!

Positive: I'm going to try some distraction techniques. See if that helps me feel better...