cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

@mrmusic some awesome positives, all the best for the job application they can be so tricky.

I second @missep, @queenP your strength and resilience shines through in this reframing so much <3

negative- i have some issues with my heart
positives- it can be managed and we are working through a good care plan for medications and other lifestyle things that will help me
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

negative- ive had to increase my workload for a few weeks
positive- its paid off 2 of my 'one off' bills so they are out of the way now
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

neg: I did not sleep well today.
pos: I'm going to focus on self care today. I'm not going to push myself. I can afford a little time for myself.

Negative: I'm behind in my exam study, plus dealing with some tough, negative emotions today
Positive: I still have a fair while until my exam, plus I got the rest of today free to study and look after myself

Neg: Been feeling quite sad and listless recently. Like I'm just going through motions of life, instead of living.
Pos: I'm doing lots of self-care and trying to keep myself occupied. I'm trying to enjoy the small things that make me smile a little or feel a tiny bit of pleasure.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee I'm sorry you've been going through a hard time. I've been feeling a bit the same lately and I'm definitely going to practice some self are today to help me feel better!

Negative: I've been feeling a little bit the same as uni exams have triggered some anxiety within me. I was feeling quite down about it, feeling perfectionistic and that I "shouldn't" be having thoughts that are less than serene, happy and positive. 

Positive: Through attending therapy and speaking with my friends and partner, I'm becoming more and more able to catch these negative thought patterns when they start up and challenge them. This is SUCH a positive for me! 

@MisoBear thanks for the thoughts Heart I hope the self0care helped you Smiley Happy

Neg: Felt really tired after doing 2 weeks of working 5 days a week! I felt a lot more tired than when I first started in the job and was doing more hours than the previous 2 weeks.
Pos: I eventually realised what made it more tiring - I was alone for the majority of my working time which felt lonely and I worried about messing something up and not knowing what to do. BUT I managed it and I got through the work. I'm back to my usual part-time hours this week, which I'm grateful for! Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Neg: Have felt really exhausted lately and stressed out 

Pos: Have been finding solutions to my problems and feeling better when I wake up in the morning  

@Dyl and @Bee great to hear you're focussing on turning negatives into positives!

Neg: Feeling really tired and not sleeping well.
Pos: Being kind to myself and starting to develop better sleep practices like having a bedtime that I stick to, monitoring my sleep with a FitBit and trying to avoid sugary foods before bed!