cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

@DIVYA thanks for checking in. I'm managing things I guess...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Wow this is such a positive tool. Thanks for sharing, this is quite an uplifting mindset.

Negative: Recently I’ve been down. Not sure what’s been going on 

Positive: good to acknowledge that I am having bad days and that there is actually a problem rather than just avoiding it

Negative: tomorrow would have been my ex-girlfriend and my anniversary and it hurts to think of the lost opportunity

Positive: I’ve grown a lot since the break up. Grateful for we we had, however, realise that the break up was necessary and has assisted me in my personal growth and character. 

Negative: damaged my knee doing sport and it looks like I flopped but I didn’t.  Also injury doesn’t seem so bad, that people may think I’m weak for stopping at the time. 

Positive: means my schedule won’t be as packed, and one less commitment to focus on. Realise also that other people’s opinions are not as important as the truth. Stay true to self. Also realise that while injury may have hurt at the time if it’s not bad then means I will heal faster. 

Negative: I keep falling into bad habits. 

Positive: I acknowledge I am falling into bad habits. I can see what I’m doing and realise that I don’t have to do that. 

Negative: I feel stressed at work because the boss is scary and I’m afraid of losing my job.

Positive: helping me to realise that I do not find my ultimate fulfilment in my job and that it’s just one element of my life. Also helping me to cope with stressful situations, growing my character. 

Negative: I have an exam today and I don’t feel too prepared

Positive: realise I could have managed my time better and do better next time. Also realise one exam is not the end of the world 

Negative: I have a group assignment and I feel like I’m the pillar of the group but it feels like a lot of pressure

Positive: realise I can be honest with my group that I am not almighty and that I can not handle everyone. Helping to develop my inter-personal skills and communication 

@MisoBear really encouraged by ur post. I too experience the struggle of uni but like your quote the struggle is only temporary. 

@batman101 that's so great. You're showing heaps of self-awareness in your reflections above! Trying to turn negs into positives is such a great way to pu problems into perspective.

@batman101 Thank you for sharing all of your negatives and positives! 

It can be hard to get bogged down when you have what seems like a never ending list of negative things going on and you're showing people that you can still turn it around! I think it's important to highlight this. 

I really like the idea of this! There's always good and bad but it's our frame of mind that can make all the difference Heart

Negative: I was in my home town on the weekend, spending some quality time with my family, and it made me really sad to have to leave to come back to the city. 

Positive: I know that I only miss them so much because we have such a close bond and care for each other so much. I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to be studying at a uni in the city and I know they are proud of all my hard work so far! 

This seems like a really helpful way to put experiences in perspective. Here's something I've been through recently.

Negative: I felt insecure and anxious about a partner pursuing a connection with another person (even though we have an open relationship), and ended up making them feel manipulated into changing their behaviour. 

Positive: I have been able to take accountability and apologise for making them feel that way. I also know how I need to behave differently in the future, and no longer feel insecure about their connection with this person. 

@c_dlingthat is such an important and hard thing to do, to realise when we have done something wrong and to go the extra mile to make up for it. I'm very proud of you and you should be too!

Negative: I had the day planned with a friend and we were going to have heaps of fun, but then we had to cancel.

Positive: I ended up getting to come on here and catch up with a few other things I needed to do Smiley Happy

Thanks appreciate it!

Negative: I'm struggling with jobs at the moment, and trying to work my way through all of the different options out there is so overwhelming.

Positive: This is good experience for me in the future, and I am gaining a better understanding of all of this every day.

Negative: I'm struggling with my friendships... again. This is something which has been a near constant battle all my life, and I'm wondering if it will ever work out.

Positive: I'm trying my best, and it's not my fault. I do have a couple of friends who accept me, quirks and all, and I know I have all of the lovely people here on RO.

Negative: I'm getting lots of negative thoughts, particularly seeing people around me are all moving on with their lives, and I'm completely stuck in a rut.

Positive: I'm dealing with this the best I can and I know from my past experiences that I am strong and will get through this eventually.

Negative: Family is really exhausting and hard to deal with sometimes.

Positive: They love me and I love them.