cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: I had to take work off today because I'm in pain Smiley Sad

Positive: This day gives me a chance to relax and catch up on uni Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

neg: i've been dissociating throughout the day and i feel like i'll be stuck like this forever
pos: i've been through bad episodes before and have pulled through and fine now, which shows my strength
Highlighted

Hey @wanderingwasp good on you for being able to notice your strength - even when things are so tough right now. Dissociating sucks, let us know if there's anything we can do to support you!

Highlighted

Such an awesome thread!

Negative: found myself getting very angry all the time in the environment i was in, and drinking a lot.

Positive: Moved into a loving environment, aware of my anger and haven't had a drink for a few days.

Highlighted

That is really cool to hear @Noonybird! Thanks for sharing, so nice that you are now in a loving environment, it can really make such a difference Heart

Negative: Feeling a bit sleepy today

Positive: Will probably sleep well tonight! 

Highlighted

Negative: My current situation

Positive: I am finally brave enough to disclose my diagnosis to my uni  and some friends who never knew about it 

Highlighted

Sorry to hear that your current situation is a negative in your life right now @hunginc. I am glad to hear that you have been able to look into some positives though, and that you have felt comfortable enough to share some information with your friends. That is such an awesome and brave thing to do! Heart
Highlighted

Negative: My allergies have been playing up for the last week or so.
Positive: It's an excuse to stay at home and chill out. I was going to have to travel somewhere far, but I'm going to try to get it done at home instead.

Highlighted

Negative: I feel as though I have a lot on my plate right now I just got a new job today but feeling a bit anxious about how I'm going to manage that with uni and also seeing family/friends and having time for self-care and exercise.

Positive: I'm really blessed that I have so many opportunities to learn new things at uni and this new job and a lot of people are struggling with work right now because of COVID so being employed is something I am very grateful for.

Highlighted

@celestialdreamer hope you work out a way to balance work/uni and social life. I'm sure there are some threads around on the forums that chat about that kinda thing. Let us know if you ever need some help with it Smiley Happy