cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Had a sleepless night and woke with extreme hip pain this morning, to the point I couldn't move without pain Smiley Sad I struggled through today because I was so tired..

Positive: Once I got moving and took pain relief the pain eased. I got through today by conserving my energy and really focusing on why I was there Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Negative: Things have been really crazy lately with trying to help my mum to get the house ready for sale and getting uni work done at the same time :/

Positive: Things will be a lot easier for both us once we move and I'm proud that I've really pushed myself to get all my work done Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Negative - I've had a rough couple of days and leaving the house / being around people is the last thing I want to do.

Positive - I jumped on the bus with a packed lunch and headed for the beach, although I ended up having lunch in the park.

Negative - I headed to art therapy only to find out that todays session was music. I kind of freaked out because at the moment, music makes my mood worse. (Weird, I know)

Positive - I stayed to give it a go. It was not at all what I expected. We wrote lyrics/poems using prompts and songs without words. And now sitting here, writting about it, I feel as though I needed that session. It helped me release some clogged up feelings.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

Negative:I feel so tired, and frustrated because I've been in my depressive phase for a while

Positive: only a little while longer until I enter my hypomanic phase

Negative: so stressed out, exams are so soon
Positive: I'll be done soon, then I can relax during the break. Really need a break
Highlighted

@stonepixie it is so awesome that you stayed to give the music session a ago! Even better that you found it helped! Smiley Happy

Negative: Ended up going to a few different places to try and find the mouthwash and toothpaste my new dentist recommended, turned out being a little more expensive than the recent ones I'd seen...
Positive: I eventually found it and picked it up. At least it will help my teeth Smiley Happy

Negative: Woke up feeling sick again this morning, and very unmotivated
Positive: I'm doing a little better at the moment, I've kept my fluids up and kept myself nice and warm! Smiley Happy Even got a nice amount of work done today! #winning

Highlighted

Negative: Getting extremely frustrated with Microsoft Publisher and how it keeps Not Responding! :/ It won't work for me! Smiley Sad
Positive: I'm trying to remain as calm as possible. I can try a couple things, hopefully I don't have to redo the whole thing, it took me all day!

Negative: I asked my brother, and all he went on about was other useless crap.. which only confused me and made me head hurt!
Positive: I can google it tomorrow.

Highlighted

Negative: Started feeling like a bit better, than I took a major backflip and felt ten times worse. I got to the point where I was panicking and struggling to breathe! I was beginning to think I needed a trip to ER...
Positive: I managed to calm myself down, and slow my breathing. A hot shower did me a little good.

Negative: The GP said to take tomorrow off as well, and because of that I'm really worried that I won't meet my 120 hours I need to for my placement! & to meet them means over pushing my body which I know I cannot cope with right now.
Positive: I can talk to my teacher about it tomorrow when I ring to tell her I'm not going in again.

Negative: A small part of my brain tells me that these 2 days I've got off placement as per drs orders should not be spent on assessments.
Positive: I'm doing the less stressful parts and the most time consuming parts, which I guess isn't too bad Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Neg: Just realised how much work there is that I have to do, that I have not done! Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad Starting to really panic about it because I should have a lot of this already done! 

Pos:I'm doing my best. I need to remind myself that I've been pacing myself all last week, and things were not done because I was so tired. My teacher said to make sure I take care of myself!

Neg: I feel like I've just completely stuffed it all up. I've fallen into a negative ditch againSmiley Sad

Pos: I'm doing my best! I have all my plans written up! I have a a fair few reflections written up! 

Neg: I'm a little scared that 1. I wont have enough hours/I wont complete the required hours & 2. I wont get everything done.

Pos: I am doing my best, I will get as much done as I can. I can talk to my teacher about it if it looks like a real posibiliy of me not finishing it all.

Neg: I'm not feeling very motivated now after all this thinking. :/

Pos: I am going to take a break, then come back to start something else! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@Bee could you ask your placement supervisor if you can do an extra day or 2 so that you can get your required hours?

neg: Really felt like giving craft-a-noon a miss because I just wasn't feeling it.

pro: I reminded myself of how much I enjoy it and how great I feel afterwards.

Background Story

I caught a different bus than my usual into craft-a-noon. It is a more popular route and the bus was starting to fill up. I was fine with a lady sitting down next to me, I just moved over a bit more to give me a little space between us.

neg: I had an anxiety attack when she decided to move over more leaving me with no space what-so ever.

pro: I just reminded myself that I was alright, this was just a feeling and there was nothing to be worried about. I was able to nip the attack early.

neg: I'm really anxious about all the stuff I need to do before leaving for the wedding tomorrow.

pro: Made a list of everything that needed to get done and I don't feel as bad anymore.

neg: Feeling extremely nervous about this weekend.

pro: I'm going to have a wonderful time and I will soon forget about how nervous I am.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie I can ask, but there are no garuntees I'll get extra time, especially with the way the structure of the coruse is... I'm just going to take care of myself and do the best I can in regaurds to my hours. I can fix it up later if need be Smiley Happy My health is more important Smiley Happy