cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

-ve: I discovered yesterday whilst I was talking to a work colleague that I was also the target of gossip and bitching-behind-the-back. I think my colleague was trying to warn me or some sort because he is currently the target of many bullying and discrimination in the workplace. I am terrified and anxious to go into work later tonight. I don't know what to expect

+ve: I've called lifeline after I spoke to my colleague. The counsellor was great to help me sleep last night. I know I need to go into work tonight because facing it is the only way I can overcome that fear. Wish me luck for tonight and I really hope everything will be ok

Highlighted

Good luck Doris! I'm sure you'll be great. Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Negative: started to feel really overwhelmed with the amount of school work I have to have done over these holidays :/
Positive: I started to focus on what I HAD done already with the work, and tried to put it into perspective. and logged into KHL

Negative: Got an email from Eheadspace yesterday and I didn't react so well to it then, or today while trying to reply
Positive: I don't have to reply straight away. I can leave it a while

Negative: getting abit worried as I've got 3 weeks to do all this work, and I'm not understanding some of the ENglish and Drama
Positive: I can ring my drama teacher to help if he doesn't reply in the next few days...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Negative: My friends birthday party is tonight, and mum has maintained that I'm not going. While I'm in too mind about whether or not I want to go, I feel bad because she's lead herself to believe that I'm comming and that it'll be a great night. I'm worried about what she'll say afterwards, whether she'll message me or wehter she'll just ignore me. I'm afraid that it'll turn into a fight and we'll start the year off being in the shits with each other again. She's also changed everything around with it and I'm so confused as to what's actually going on
Positive: I know why mum wont let me go, and I accept that. If my friend tries to start anything I can fall back on the fact that I never said yes I was going. I'm sure she'll understand and wont be too upset that I'm not going

Negative: I started to get rather overwhelmed earlier about my drama major. I just wasn't able to figure things out or anything. And the heat isn't helping in the back room.
Positive: Dad brought in his laptop and let me use that. I eventually watched a couple stories and found inspiration and almost know exactly what my script is going to entale Smiley Very Happy

Negative: I just have fears about whether it'll be long enough, I fear that I've wasted too much time with it. I fear that I'll get rather wound up liek I have been with it and just crack and decide not to do it. I fear I'll give in
Positive: I chose it. I know I can do it. I want to do it. If I feel like it's weighing me down I can go and chat to my mentor to get it out and get her help to work around it. Even if I'm explaining it to her and writting it down.

Negative: I felt the erg to harm earlier. I could have quite easily harmed at that exact moment with all the aw emotions still flowing through my mind.
Positive: I had a bit of a cry and let the tears continuely stream down my face. And then sucked it all in and tried to push it away and made myself lunch.
Negative: In doing that I haven't adressed those emotions so it makes it harder in the long run to expres them.
Positive: I can bring this up with my KHL counsellor when I next get through to her.

Highlighted

Negative: Realised I've lost my ability to self-identify and it's causing me a lot of stress
Positive: Give me a chance to re-define myself in my new image

Negative: Still haven't seen my bestfriend these holidays even though she said we would 'soon' awhile ago.
Positive: Have time to myself to get things done, like homework and all my self created projects I want to do.

Negative: Feel like I've set myself too much work
Positive: I have plenty of things to keep me busy
Highlighted

Negative: Upon looking through my drama folder to create these mindmaps I need to include in my logbook about the styles of theatre, I stumbled across the essay I had to do last year, which lets say not only caused stress but was non-existant and really brought me down. Again it made me realise the essays I've got to write yet, 2-3 for both English and Drama! Kind of blew my confident I'll work on my drama major attitude a bit... :/
Positive: It doesn't really matter now, I can learn the structure before HSC exams! I can only do my best.

Negative: Feeling a bit flat. Finished typing up an email response to eheadspace, but google wouldn't let me send it and now wont let me into my email! I'm not sure if it sent or not. But feeling kind of anxious to send this one off. I haven't even been able to send my regulr KHL email like I was going to....
Positive: I'm not going to threat over whether the email was sent or not. I'm going to create these mindmaps and take it from there. Music playing in the background too!

Highlighted

Negative: Haven't felt the best today, the heat is almost unbearable! Mid 40s! Yuk!
Positive: It meant I had a nice relaxing day inside!

Negaitve: I haven't done much of today's work plan
Positive: I created the work plan, if I don't keep up todate with it it's okay because I have a whole week worth of nothing that I left blank, it's just a bit of motivation for me. Most things I've spaced out over 2-3 days anyway.
Positive: I started re-writing the assessment task! That was a huge step as last time I tried I broke down in tears over it! (even though I got frustrated and headed that direction, I took a break then)

Highlighted

Negative: My mum flew back to Melbourne this morning.

Positive: I'll see her soon when I travel back.
Highlighted

Negative: I have a group interview tomorrow and I'm worried that it will be a complete disaster.

Positive: The above thought is just catastrophising. It's unlikely to be a complete disaster. Plus, I have previous group interview experience so I have some idea of what to expect.

Negative: I'll probably still do something stupid like stutter or come out with something really dumb though.

Positive: Maybe, but all I can do is try my best. For me to even go to something like this is really difficult so I should be proud that I'm having a go!

Highlighted

Negative: I feel worse now.

Positive: I've done it, there's nothing I can do to change it. The feeling will die down once that is realised.

Negative: I'm sure I've said/done something wrong in it. Didn't include something I should have or was asking the wrong question to the wrong person.

Positive: From the information given what I've done is reasonable. There was no instruction to include anything further. I'd never considered the need to until now. It's the first time I've made an enquiry like this, sometimes you make a mistake on your first time but there's nothing obvious that I've mucked up. I did search around and found nothing saying that it was meant to be done differently. We just have to wait and see.

Negative: It's foolish to be considering it in the first place. I shouldn't be putting so much pressure on myself.

Positive: There's no guarantee that it will happen. It's more unlikely to. It's only the next few weeks that are certain to have any added pressure and that's on the assumption that I get a positive reply. If it goes further we'll handle it then. It's a good thing, even if it doesn't work out I have to start somewhere sometime.

Negative: I'm asking for a lot for a first time thing.

Positive: I don't really have another choice, it's the most suitable role for me, and it's hard to find such an opportunity. I have to start somewhere sometime, why not here and now?