cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: my phone decided to randomly die on me on my way home. It's not flat - I've tried charging it. So idk what the hell is wrong with it

Positive: if it still won't work tomorrow then I can take it down to the Apple shop. In the meantime I can use my tablet for Internet access (like I'm doing now)

Negative: so exhausted and stressed out

Positive: I was super dooper productive today! And now I'm doing some self-care to help me unwind

Negative: this assignment's not going to get done, no way if it's due tomorrow like someone told me. 

Positive: I finished a different assignment over the weekend, it's okay not to do everything perfect. It might not even be due tomorrow. 

Negative: intrusive thoughts are so loud! Already. And they were last night too. And they're so violent and horrible. 

Positive: idk. There were bees outside so today's not all bad? 

Negative: gender sucks and I hate it and I can't tell if this is dysphoria or just general self hatred. 

Positive: idk. Bees again? 

Negative: probably I'm going to have to call the GP and talk about the intrusive thoughts and low energy etc and I'm being childish and want to cry about it because of anxiety and vague paranoia. 

Positive: I've handled phone calls before, I can do it again. 

@roseisnotaplant well done for trying to help your friend out. It sounds like you're being really supportive even if you aren't always sure how to help. 

@DruidChild bees are pretty great Smiley Happy Do you have strategies for dealing with the intrusive thoughts?
I know what you mean about gender sucking Smiley Tongue It's hard to tell what it is. Do you feel like you want to change your gender? Or do you just not like parts of your gender that you have?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng My strategies are pretty much distraction and mindfulness. So I'm about to clean out the pantry as a distraction haha. 

Thanks Smiley Happy I feel like I'm agender mostly...and I kind of hate that my chest isn't flat and my hair makes me look like a girl. And I don't really know what my name is anymore lol. So yeah, I guess I want to change my gender. 

Bees are the best and too pure for this world Smiley Happy 

I hate that my chest isn't flat either @DruidChild Smiley Tongue So I totally understand where you're coming from. Do you think that you could get a hair cut? Have you looked into any ways to make your chest flatter such as binders?

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

@N1ghtW1ng Thanks for the understanding Smiley Happy I actually did cut my hair pretty short which was good; it's growing back now though. The obvious solution to this problem would be to cut it again but anxiety gets in the way, sadly. 

Thanks for the suggestion! I've had a look into binders, they're kind of expensive, but I definitely think it's time to start saving for one or something...

Hey

@SpiderGirl18 @Bay52VU

It sounds like both of you are having issues with lists and trying to get everything you need to get done. How are you going with it all? Sometimes it can help to break down the 4 or however many big overwhelming things into little steps that are more doable - have you done that before? Has it worked for you in the past?

I'm at uni too so I can imagine what it feels like to have a big list of things you absolutely have to do, hope that it's going alright and you're slowly working your way through it. Remember that starting is the hardest part!

hey @roseisnotaplant, it's great that you are able to be there for your friend. It sounds like they aren't having a good time and it must be a relief for them to have your support, it's wonderful that you're able to give them that. It's important to remember that you don't have to help them all alone, we don't always have all the answers and that's okay. Being positive and just being there with them is already doing more than you realise! People that are having a rough time don't always need answers they sometimes just need to be heard and you're definitely helping in that way Smiley Happy

There are a lot of places they can go, like here on Reachout or calling Lifeline 13 11 14, it's also hard to help someone else when we are struggling ourselves so it's okay if you need to put yourself first sometimes! 

Loved your turning negs into positives @DruidChild, how can we help with the intrusive thoughts? It sounds like youve got a lot going on and it's so great that you were able to come here and having beautiful people like @N1ghtW1ng giving you support!! I don't have much else to say, I'm just really proud of you both and how far you've come Smiley Happy