cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

-ve : It was raining and I was on the road driving home. There was a red ute in front of me, I've made a wrong turn on an unfamiliar road. I did not see his ute stopped because it was red brake lights on a red ute, I nearly ran into the back of him. It was really scary because my sister was in the car with me and we could have crashed.

+ve: I stopped in time. I apologised to my sister for the sudden brake. I was more careful after that. Wet roads are really dangerous. I realised I need more practise behind the wheel. I got home in the end, found a familiar road and went along it. 

Neg: Woke up feeling terrible again today :/ Haven't been in a very good mood all day, and evreything has just seemed all muddeled up
Pos: I've made it to the end of the day

Neg: I haven't gotten any study done yesterday nor today for my last 3 exams, still feeling rather under prepared. I'm over worrying about my drama exam especially, I just don't know how I'm going to write the essays, I haven't preped for them, I don't understand the questions, and to top it off I'm missing a lotta stuff too, that's what I get for being so slack Smiley Sad

Pos: It's not as though I haven't dont any study for these subjects, I've been studying for maths over the past 2-3 weeks during elotted class lessons as our teacher wanted us to, my science teacher ran through a few study lessons to. I can see my drama teacher Monday, see if he can help me in any way

Neg: I'm so under prepared Smiley Sad

Pos: I'm doing my best

Neg: I'm trying to be ncie to myself, I thought painting my nails would give me a good distraction, but after doing the final step on my right hand, it doesn't look anywhere as good as the tutorial I tried to copy, in fact it doesn't even look like falling raindrops of glitter, which is what I was hopping for.... Smiley Sad it just looks like I've failed to paint silver glitter over a green nail... ergh.

Pos: I've tried to do something nice for myself. I've tried to do my nails. I guess I'm just out of practise with the burshes, I forgot how hard it actually is to paint a design on your nails! It's done with my left hand, I should be nice to my left hand, it's not it's fault it's not as coordinated as my right Smiley Tongue

Neg: The more I take notice to my surroundings and what I'm actually doing, the more I'm starting to dislike a LOT of things. I had a fluster of emotions running through me earlier tonight because mum had asked me to do tea, and when I asked for help she just said she was watching tv. By this point I was feeling extremely angry. I didn't know why or how I suddenly felt this, so I mumbled along to myself as I started the large task of making room on hte bench to start tea, only to find out we didn't have half of what we needed...

Pos: Uh, I was able to get through the anger without taking it out of her too much.

Neg: She opted to get take-out instead of going to the suermarket for half a dozen items, which she then sent me in for... and she complains about the finances.... I'm sick of being put under it all, "we don't have the money for this." "we don't have hte money for that" yet she goes and buys my younger bro two pairs of new shoes, he complains the first are too big by time we get to the high school and I'm alte for my exam, not long after he gets home he's convinced mum he needs a new pair of shoes. Argh. And when I need new trakkies cause they have rather large holes appearing she says "you have a sewing machine" mind you these are at least 2 years old and keep in no warmth at all. and the only pair of non-holed ones fall off my but and aren't long enough! >.<

Pos: Uhm I have no clue on this one... I guess she's trying?

Neg: I'm not going so well. I used to be able to escape all this negative thoughts, though now it seems like I just can't break away from it, not even for a mintue. I just feel so numb and empty Smiley Sad I just wish things were normal for once...

Pos: I'm doing my best. I've got to cut myself some slack sometimes... I've managed to contact KHL 3 times this past week!

Neg: I've had to contact KHL 3 times this last week! :/ One of which I got the counsellor rather concerned about my safety.... Another I get a response "no wonder people think you're fine!!" all because I told where I'm placed for 2 of my subjects, when I know it was only assessment tasks that gave me those marks and ranks, exams chops me back to average....

Pos: I managed to contact KHL! Anf be honest with them...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: Not feeling to great again tonight. Feeling like everything is only getting worse. LIke I don't know how to cope with it all anymore. My brain wont shut up about certain things either... uuoooo Smiley Sad

Positive: I'm trying my best I can....

Negative: I just don't know what I'm doing anymore. Everything seems so pointless. I'm struggling to keep myself from falling into these dark holes - and I don't know how to get out of them anymore...

Positive: ???

Negative: I don't have the energy anymore.... Smiley Sad

Positive: Going to relax.

Need to do a metitation!

Neg: I've feeling retchred again tonight. THoughts haunting me, plauging my mind. A continual stream of tears down my face. No desire to fight it anymore. Feeling overwhelmed by this last exam. Wanting to scream at the top of my lungs. Wanting to just drop out of school alltogether. I've said it countless times the past 18months, but have never been strong enough to actually go through with it, because I know that dropping out would mean admitting that I have a problem and need help, which is far from where I'm at right now. I have a problem and need help, but I haven't accepted that, I'm far from it. I just, I'm not ready to. Stupid I know. :/ ANd it's the simplest of things, things I should be able to handle and cope through, that put me into these spins. But it doesn't matter where I try to turn, it's like I'm invisible, nothing I say matters. I'm the wierd girl on the edge of everything. The one with the long frizzy hair and glasses. The one who doesn't believe that she is good enough for anyone. THe one who believe everything is her fault, who feels like she deserves all this narasistic crap that she gets dealt with. I mean how could she not deserve it....?

Pos: She's doing her best. Even though she can't see it she is. Her mentor told her not to stress, to just try to focus on what's next. THere isn't anything she can do to change the past.

Neg:  And I've tried my best to try and stay strong, but right now I just don't seem to have the stamina to try and be positive. I can see all this stuff infront of me, but it's on the other side of a barbed wire fence. Like woah....

Pos: I know I'm worn out. I can see that these exams have taken a really heavy beating upon me. I can plan to finish my nails tomorrow and hopefully have a much needed rest to start my holidays.

(Sorry if the first half of my post clashes with guidlines, remove if it does. I don't have the energy to figure that out myself, not right now)

Hey Bee 

I feel for you, you seem so run down and stressed out. It is really great that you are planning a break and I think exams can be so pressurizing but I have faith in you. Keep on keeping on Smiley Happy 

Negative: I was so annoyed when I got 69% in one of my units.. SERIOUSLY just give me one more mark and I'll be happy Smiley Sad 

Positive: Atleast I passed and I got 80% in my other unit so that got me super excited - you win some, you lose some right. 

Hope you are all doing well today Smiley Very Happy 

@Bee: Exams can be the worst sometimes, especially when they come in waves one after another after another! It's good to see that your taking the time to relax by doing the things that you like to do Smiley Happy.

@Rue: It only hit me yesterday how stressed out I got, I'd managed to end up with a bit of the flu! But I'm getting there, am a bit better today, amazing what some TLC does. Thanks Smiley Happy

@Michine: I had one after the other after the other last week! Sat 2 exams in 3 days, then 3 in 3 days! I took all yesterday off to just relax, I slept to 11am, then latter in the arvo I ended up playing fancy pants 3, where I spent a while, and finished the entire game! haha! Smiley Happy

Negative: I got rather overwhelmed earlier tonight with my script and intrusive thoughts made their way into my mind to only make me feel worse. Combinning the awful feelings I had with yet more negativity. I couldn't see a way out nor make sense of myself....

Positive: I managed to work through it when cooking tea. I managed to come out of this one without hurting myself.

Positive: Another downfall concquored without harming myself. The object* remains still hidden from ...

Negative: After trying to deconstruct what happened. I realise that it was all a snowball from what should have been an easy escape. Overwhelmed with my drama major - my script, I decided to write my frustrations out. which then only lead me into indulging more into the negative things around me. Soon enough I was engolfed with all these thoughts and worries, from my script, to the future, last nights nightmare, financial issues, ect. I didn't know how to handle it, nor how to cope with them all ruminating around inside my mind. I found it all too hard.

Positive: I know now that I need to find ways to cope when things snowball. I need to learn how to aviod these snow-storms of negative thoughts, to find another way to write without inducing the fire.

Positive: After having tea and watching a bit of 17 again, I went and had a bath with Jasmine bath salts, listening to calming music while reading a magazine. Then watched the last half hour of 17 again.

Negative: I'm not sure if I'm generally not copping well with everything that has and is happening, or I'm just making myself feel bad by it always ocuring in my writting? I'm wondering whether I'm purposly trying to make myself fall further into a pit of despair... or what?! My mind doesn't seem to want to appreciate the good things, and just wants to remain in the negative haze that I get stuck in.

Positive: I guess one way to figure that out is to read over my writtings and try to identify the trigger. I can work at trying to not dive too far into things all the time.

Negative: After leaving it for a while, and then trying to continue it, I managed to fine tune my intro, which changes my entire play a bit... and now realising it's due August 19, which is like a month and a half away, and realising I'm far from done, I'm starting to get really overwhelmed with it again. I'm over stressed and underprepared with everything. I'm really unsure of where I'm going. Despite having a nice relaxing bath tonight, I'm feeling tense again Smiley Sad Unfair.

Positive: I'm going to go to bed and re-visit my script tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to visit the library on Monday and see if I can find a play or two to help me with the actual writting of it. Smiley Happy I can do this!

Hey @Bee,

It sounds like you're having a bit of a hard time at the moment. I just wanted to send some praise your way for being able to focus on the positive aspects of what you're going through.

I can see that you're building up your resilience, your ability to bounce back, and overcome your tough times!

Keep up the great work!

Atma

Negative: So now myself and a friend are worried if we go to the movies tomorrow with some other friends we will get crap and labels if we see certain people. Absolutely great. :/

Postitive: We're going, doesn't matter what people say. It will be fun.