cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

- All I can hear is loud, screaming voices asking me weird shit and telling me to do shit that I don't want to do

+ Um, The voices stop once I'm underwater?

+ I'm swimming this arvo so that'll hopefully help?

- I'm fucking sick to death of dealing with this and I can't take it much longer

+ My KHL counsellor is on today and tomorrow so I could chat to her about some stuff maybe..

- My Nanna literally is driving me insane

+ This sound terrible but she's leaving tomorrow...

- I just want to dieeee

+ ...

Neg: Had a stressful appointment with the GP today. And I was in pain! Smiley Sad

Pos: Good DID come out of the appointment because while he couldn't help with a new physio review or mental health care plan review, he was able to make sure I got in to see my regular GP next Monday when she commences work after her maternity leave!

Neg: Pain pain pain while driving and I nearly stalled my car several times...

Pos: I got through it and even managed a tight parallel park outside the chemist! whoop

Neg: Haven't done any interview prep for tomorrow's interview because I feel low, and when I think about it I feel nauseous... uho...

Pos: I'm going to take a copy of my resume, cover letter and a recommendation, and just try to go in with a positive mindset. Ideally, I would have liked to actually think about it, but I'm not ready too, interviews still freak me out.

Neg: Interviews still freak me out! WHY!? Why me? Why is it so hard? Smiley Sad

Pos: I just need to be me! I have felt I did terrible in an interview only to get positive feedback. I know I need to try and relax and just be calmer.

Neg: I'm back to worrying about my foot and the whole issue of the crutch and shoes and ugh. Shoes get me most times, why does my brain have to be so anxious about it all the time?

Pos: I am going to just wear my lace-up black runners. I'll wear the sketchers ones as they might look more professional than the other ones. And it'll mean my foot is able to be supported properly! Ultimately I HAVE to look after that foot! Screw fashion.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

neg: really unhappy with my weight Smiley Sad ive put on a certain amount of kg in the last 3 days after losing heaps the few days before. I feel so disgusting and fat !! I want to rip it off.

pos: im at a stable weight which is good since I have a possible eating disorder, so that's really good ! I may not be happy with it but for my health its good im at this weight Smiley Happy

neg: khl counsellor doesn't start till midnight which means I cant talk to her today

pos: its okay because right now things are okay and im enjoying looking over some threads Smiley Happy shes in tomorrow and saturday which is great !

neg: mum is being a huge trigger and very irritating Smiley Sad

pos: ive been keeping myself busy by colouring in, listening to my self-love playlist and doing some writing Smiley Happy

Hey @litgym I wanted to pop in and say that your reframing here is excellent! Heart
It's pretty normal for our weight to fluctuate a little over the course of say a month, but it sounds like you're able to recognise that your weight is healthy and that's a good thing!
So proud of you!

COlouring in sounds excellent!

thank you !!! you're so kindHeart @Bee

my weight is quite bad, not in terms as the actual weight but how dramatically I lose a lot and blah blah blah !

@litgym you're worth it! Heart
Would it help to talk about it in a thread?

neg somethings really annoying me right now
pos just have to ignore it and stay away from it its not my place to say anything..

negative: Netball was cancelled
positive:Ii stayed home and watched a movie

negative: I woke up feeling shit
positive: Maybe I can change it...

negative: I really want to SH..
positive: I don't know

That's some excellent reframing @annabethxchase Smiley Happy Are you safe?
What are some self-care strategies you can do today to help stay safe? Such as playing with your puppies or watching something you enjoy.

-----

I am finishing with ReachOut this week, say good-bye here. I'll miss you all!

im not sure, hopefully...
i've just had a play with my pups but they're going crazy right now.
I might have a hot cross bun and listen to some korean music