cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

@Jess1-RO  I had the same conundrum recently.

So, my negative: it was to HOT to walk my dog as the hot hot concrete would hurt her paws.

Positive: you bet we had a great tug of war session at home instead!

Highlighted

Brilliant alternative @Tay100!

Negative: I didn't get through all of my morning routine yesterday that I made for isolation.

Positive: But I was able to do most of it. Doing my hair and make up really helped me feel more awake and ready for the day ahead, so I will keep doing that each morning

Check out our community activities calendar here
Highlighted

Neg: started going through some documents and I’ve gone back to some stuff from my early landscaping days, made me a bit sad looking back. 
Pos: it was a bloody hard time that felt would never end and now I’m looking back on it! 

Highlighted

I really admire your attitude towards things @Saltwaterdreamtime. So good that you're able to reflect on your feelings about a particular time in your life but also how far you've come since. I remember times where I thought things would never get better and it's such a good feeling when you realise that things change Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

@Bre-RO  When I was doing my apprenticeship I was miserable absolutely fucking miserable and that 4 years took forever and it felt like it was so far away but I’m on the other side of it  now which is cool but it’s also sad because all the pain I went through and now it feels like it was for nothing. 

Landscaping businesses are still open and apparently thriving now people are home and wanting to do house maintenance, but 2 or 3 ago weeks I had to shut up shop because work was drying up and I couldn’t afford to operate, we were in that limbo stage where nobody really knew what life would look like even the following day, late March where they slapped stage 2 on us then 24 hours later stage 3, now things are still shit but it seems to be a little more stable....

What a shame, because I could still be open. 

Highlighted

@Saltwaterdreamtime  making it through an apprenticeship is a massive achievement, I know it's a pretty shit time at the moment, but I have faith that those kind of skills will always be needed. 

It sounds so frustrating having to shut up when things were so uncertain, would re-opening your business, or doing sub-contracting for someone else be an option for you? 

Check out our community activities calendar for April 2020 here
Highlighted

Negative: Lately when I've been trying to get through my current unit, I get so stressed and agitated because I don't fully understand it and I'm not remembering it. I'm so frustrated that this isn't as easy as other courses I've done.
Positive: I'm taking it slowly. I'm still trying

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee Good job Bee, you will get there soon. I'm on the same boat with study stress, but in the end, I know that I will get there Smiley Happy