cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Hello @Izzy2001 , I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling isolated and lonely lately, but it is awesome that you have been spending your time learning how to sew! Its great to hear that you are enjoying it, I hope that it can help you feel a bit better throughout these hard times Heart

Highlighted

Coronavirus has completely changed our life. Nothing can be as scary as thinking of death without even meeting with our loved ones. However, we should not think negative and focus on things or activities that make us feel positive in this crisis.

Highlighted

@Izzy2001 Welcome to ReachOut! It's so cool that you're learning to sew! I am thinking of learning too. I really want to make scrub caps to give my nurse friends! What do you like to sew?

Highlighted

Negative: Had a panic attack last week at work and still feeling so very anxious every single day it'll happen again. Anxiety is running a muck in my head and it's overwhelming.
Positive: I was able to be so open about it all with my psychologist, and her reactions helped me feel like my feelings and thoughts were valid. She reassured me that what I'm doing is right and that I'm doing a good job. I'm taking time to actively focus on my breathing when I get anxious and try hard to focus on the task at hand.

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

I am sorry you had that happen at work @Bee Heart I am glad you have some strategies and have found it helpful to chat with your psychologist about it.
Highlighted

Negative: I've just lost a competition I was really hoping I could win

Positive: I noticed I bounced back way quicker than I used to before. And I had a lot of fun creating my entry piece!

Highlighted

Negative: Macy is gone forever after 2 years of talking to her weekly and I’m grieving so badly.

Positive: I learnt a lot from her.

Positive: she’s achieved her dream job of a psychologist now.

Positive: I get to receive help from a different perspective now.

Positive: I even got the chance to talk to such an amazing person.

Positive: she’s probably happier.
Highlighted

@Bananatime04 what a profound post, I'm glad you were able to make the most of the situation, it can be hard thing to say goodbye but finding the lighter side can be a useful skill indeed, well done you!

Highlighted