cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Sorry to hear you are feeling mentally exhausted as you have had a big week @Bee. It's really great that you can see the positive side to things even though you have had a tough time lately! Getting two weeks of washing done is a big achievement! I understand how quickly washing can pile up!! Sounds like you have been really proactive and motivated lately, I hope that you have a nice, relaxing weekend so that it helps you feel ready to take on next week Heart
Highlighted

Negative: lockdown has got me bored and understimulated and I'm nervous for today's press conference

Positive: I have a yummy day full of nice food ahead (pasta, nuggets, and mayybeee icecream!)

Highlighted

I don’t know if I can switch this into a positive maybe there’s somebody that can, I don’t know, but my negative is that I got absolutely ripped into today, I’ve had some pretty confrontational customers but this was the worst I’ve ever had, I swear some people set out to give you a hard time, it’s like they wake up in the morning and want to cause a problem
Highlighted

Ah @Saltwaterdreamtime  I'm so sorry to hear that you got ripped into by a customer today, it is such an awful feeling Smiley Sad I spent years in customer service management when I was at uni and was blown away by how freaking awful people could be sometimes!!! If there's one positive I would say that it taught me how I DON'T want to behave towards people, and I also think learning to deal calmly  with a***holes is a really valuable life skill - but it can still feel completely crap Smiley Sad 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Yeah that’s true @Janine-RO my whole working life has been in customer or client facing and that was the worst I’ve ever gotten and I was threatened. I feel completely miserable but I don’t want to it to bring me down either.

and it sucks when they turn it into something it wasn’t, throwing insults at me that aren’t anything to do with the quality of my work, although he did have a lot to say about that too. 

Yeah, something about having your job, integrity basically your whole livelihood and your business you’ve busted your guts for questioned, yeah that really cuts deep 

and no matter what I do he is going to make my life miserable if I continue the job, which I have to because I’ve started, he’ll be on my back everyday but if I walk out I’ve lost a lot of money and he will probably be even worse about it 

Highlighted

That sounds really horrible @Saltwaterdreamtime. I am sorry that you have to experience that.. especially when it starts to turn into a personal attack Smiley Sad How do you think you will manage the situation? It sounds tricky because I know that you don't want to lose money.. but also being abused isn't great either. It is normal to be upset about it but I think maybe your 'positive' of the situation is that you are determined to not let it bring you down.
Highlighted

Negative: Summer is near

Positive: Summer is when I hibernate, haha

Highlighted

@Taylor-RO yeah I just don’t get why someone who thinks he knows so much more about things than I do is paying somebody to do this for him 🤔 
I don’t like being watched even though I’m confident I’m doing things right as soon as I know I have eyes on me it makes me nervous and I stuff things up. I only worked there for part of the day today before moving on elsewhere and I will go back there tomorrow I couldn’t stand it any longer, he is working from home and literally had his desk at the window facing out and I felt like I was being eyeballed, and then he would come out and ask me why I’m doing it this way not that way etc Why am I using this kind of sleeper (the one he asked for), why is taking me so long (it’s just me!! You wanna help!?). 
Time to de-stress and wander around Bunnings for a bit 

Highlighted

Ugh @Saltwaterdreamtime  that sounds really painful, I totally get what you mean about getting nervous and stuffing up when you feel like you're being watched with a critical eye - I'm usually a pretty decent driver, but if someone else is in the car when I'm attempting a tricky reverse park I will stuff it up every single time. The worst. He sounds like a pretty painful client, I hope that you have a nice time destressing at Bunnings and can power through the rest of the job with him. 

Check out our community activities calendar for August 2020 here
Highlighted

Negative: I have been trying to sort things out with various people today (I think at least 4-5 different places). I have no idea what's happening with some things I have to organise for my sister and I.

Positive: It's my grandma's birthday tomorrow so I will get to see my extended family and relax a bit.