cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: The net is running so slow and it's really annoying me

Positive: At least it's still working

Negative: I'm stuck on the conclusion for my English speech, mum wont help me... and I feel like just giving up on it

Positive: I'm almost done. I'm going to email my teacher and hope she replies by tomorrow night, otherwise I'll just try my best or see if she can help Friday morning.

Negative: I'm starting to wonder why I even bother at times. Everything is just so bleh! Over it all

Positive: This is negative talk, I am better than this. I can cope through this!

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: Got to TAFE to find out playgroup was cancelled therefore meaning we all had to do theory, and I didn't bring my folder because I was on prac
Positive: We were given alternitive work and watched a dvd

Negative: I was promised a drive today, but mum refused to take me, and dad made all excuses under the sun
Positive: I ended up at school working on my English speech and finished it

Negative: I'm feeling a bit nervous about my English speech tomorrow, and just generally not wanting tomorrow to happen...
Positive: If I do my speech in the early morning class there will (should) be less people and I should be able to cope then.

Negative: The funeral is tomorrow
Positive: It's in the afternoon, and I can take the weekend to recover Smiley Happy

Negative: I haven't been able to to my drama homework due tomorrow, and nervous that it will affect my final mark as it's for our current assessment
Positive: I'm going to say the truth, that I just didn't get around to doing it. (Or more to the point I did forget about it for a day)

Negative: I'm behind on my uni study and assignments.

Positive: I'm getting through them slowly.

Negative: Muddled myself up in my English speech. Felt terrible and just wanted to be invisible

Positive: Even though I was super nervous I got up and did it. I pushed through and remembered to breathe.

Negative: I feel as though something happens to me and no one really cares, yet the same can happen to someone else and they get heaps of empathy

Positive: ??

Negative: I felt terrible after talking to my drama teacher. I had un helpful thoughts spinning around in my mind.

Positive: I battled on through. I knew he was going to be disappointed that I didn't do my homework

Negative: I feel as though none of my 'friends' really care about me. I was on the verdge of crying and I get "aw don't cry"....

Positive: This is just an over emotional reaction and over exxageration.

Negative: The funeral was so hard today. I couldn't stop crying. And am still feeling a bit fragile.

Positive: The school counsellor came to the service and saw me afterwards and said hello before going back to her work. I know my aunt is in a better place now. She even got a rainbow. Smiley Happy

Negative: The computer lost about a quarter of my assignment the other day and I had to hand in a draft copy because I didn't have time to redo it.
Positive: Lesson learned. Be more organised and don't leave it to the last minute in future. And now I will make sure my assignments are definitely saved!

Negative : Stuck in a boring lecture

Positive : I've used to time to finish my assignment...which means time off this afternoon Smiley Happy

Negative: Not copping too well, everything I try to do isn't working and I'm getting really wound up over it
Positive: I'm persistant?

Negative: I am getting overwhellemed by everything, the simplest of thing - eg not understanding where I'm going wrong is driving me over the edge, it's getting ridiculous
Positive: I can see that it is a problem and that it's not helpful or normal bahaviour.

Negative: I'm second guessing and questioning my ability to be able to do things, and it's making my self esteem really low
Positive: I can see this,

Negative: Had an assessment today in which I wasn't prepared for and forgot about until yesterday
Positive: It's a fairly easy one, we finish it next lesson (Friday), and I couldn't have really done any study for it

Negative: I got my exam timetable today
Positive: One exam per day (and relax)

Negative: As soon as exams are over we;re told we jump straight into year 12 stuff in the last 2 days of term... oh crap!
Positive: Trying to think of it as a new start. I can get my mentor to help me start making sumaries from the get go

Negative: My 'friend' got annoyed with me and told me off just because I was wanting to find E and went to hang with her instead of her.
Positive: Hanging with other people makes me feel better in general

Negative: I've just realised that the conversation I had with KHL last night is more real than I first thought. I feel as though I should have explored that a little more with the counsellor I spoke with
Positive: I see this now, I can bring it up next time I speak with my regular KHL counsellor or a different one Smiley Happy

Negative: I'm scared that year11 is almost over, It seems like this year has flown by, and I feel as though I've just wasted time. I'm scared and nervous about exams, what if I flunk out in my PDH and get worse than my half yearlys? What will my teacher say then? Will he go back to saying that I don't care and that I should just drop out? What if I go badly in all my exams??? My head is full of "what if's"
Positive: I know some of these are nevers, some are unrealistic thinking based on past events that I magnified. I can get through this, I'm going to see my mentor tomorrow

Negative: Struggling to cope again
Positive: I'm seeing my mentor Friday and I can arrange to see Mrs K afterwards

Negative: I fuond out one of my friends has just been diagnosed with depression, and I think I could have said more to her, but I didn't
Positive: I gave her a hug and showed empathy,

Negative: Everything seems to be building up, I feel worse than ever and I know I'm just not coping as well as I should. But no one sees because I hide it from everyone!
Positive: Hopefully I can find the courage to tell my mentor this instead of putting on a brave face and making it seem like I'm fine. And hopefully I can see Mrs K and expand on what I told her a fortnight ago

Neg: Angry at myself for doing badly in trials- I barely passed!! Smiley Sad

Pos: I have 9 weeks to improve....

Neg: Mum's not impressed.

Pos: She was still slightly encouraging??

Neg: I feel like a part of my brain has gone missing...

Pos: ????

Neg: I don't deserve sympathy. It's my own fault I didn't study.....

Pos: I'm being too hard on myself. It'll work out. Smiley Happy

Neg: 70 isn't hard to get!! I shouldve been able to get that much!

Pos: It's a mark- it doesn't define your intelligence!

Neg: I was doing so well before....What happened?

Pos: ?????

Neg: I feel like my friend is mocking me with her Ancient mark....

Pos: How could she be? She knows we both struggle....

Neg: She tries harde than I do....

Pos: I do my best.....

Neg: I'm sick of my brain trying to work out what the hell is going on.... I need to study!!!

Pos: I've realized this?

Neg: still angry and confused...

Pos: I'll try ringing a fruend.....