cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

@snorlax You don't know how much it means right now to have someone acknowledge how I'm feeling! Thank you!

I'm seeing a new GP, so I'm not sure if I'll feel okay to bring it up. But I'll see what happens.

I know everyone feel overwhelmed sometimes with study, it's part and parcel of studying.. I think it's designed to push you sometimes... lol. It's not possible to get much of an extension because of the timing of the course, but it's nearly over so I just need to stay as focussed and as positive as possible. Smiley Happy (This isn't really something I want my teachers knowing. It's better if they don't know)

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Negative: I'm worried that I'm not worried enough about all the stuff I have to do at placement this week.
Positive: Maybe this means I am starting to have more faith in myself and my ability to handle things, and that I'm thinking a bit more realistically about things? I hope so!!

Negative: The GP gave me a blood test form to test for arthritis, from what he wrote, it looks like they'll need to take a fair bit of blood and I have to fast for it! I really don't react well with needles! :/ He wants me to to do it Monday morning!

Positive: It's just a blood test, it may give me an answer to this pain! It's just one test! Smiley Happy

Negative: Feeling tired, such a full on day. Feeling like I've acheived nothing today. Feeling like I have SO much to do, but not enough time to do it all in! Smiley Sad 

Positive: I know I'm just reacting to current stress and issues. I will get through this. I have proven this to myself countless times.

Negative: In some ways I feel like I've bitten off more than I could chew. Really, unsure as to how I'm going to get through this next couple weeks, let alone placement with 40hrs a week! Plus assessments! Smiley Surprised

Positive: I will get through it. I should find out where I'm going soon and can start my lead up days to take some of the pressure off. I CAN do this.

Negative: I'm looking at the questions and thinking "that's fairly simple to answer" it's a reasonable question, but I am stuck. I literally do not know how to answer it, or where to start. I feel like I'm just stuck in mud. So very stuck.

Positive: If I'm thinking they're fairly easy to answer, maybe I'm just over thinking and making the question more complex when coming to answer them. Maybe I need to focus on an easier task before I tackle the harder ones! 

Negative: My assignment is late because I was sick last week then lacking in motivation
Positive: It's getting close to finished! Smiley Happy

Negative: I feel so tired all the time and it's really affecting my moods

Positive: Had a nap today which made me feel better and had some chocolate cake Smiley Happy

Negative: Woke with a really sore hand/wrist this morning. My hand was even swollen! Smiley Surprised Smiley Sad And the pain hasn't eased much all day. I still have no idea what's causing the pain..

Positive: I've taken pain relief kinda regularly, I've tried to keep my mind as busy as possible to not think about it.  I'm meant to ring the GP Monday to get my blood test results.

Negative: Felt like today was a bore. Didn't really do anything in class today at all!

Positive: We were told to work on our assessments. I got my evaluations done and handed in. I sorted photos for my playgroup, and helped M try to recover her lost assessment, then helped her re-write it because it couldn't be found! I also found out where I'm going for placement!!!! Smiley Very Happy I know where the centre is, and I get along fairly well with the class member who is a the same centre! Smiley Very Happy

Negative: Felt like I came home to major mood change today. I didn't really know how to cope. I was on the brink of tears several times! :/

Positive: I was able to readjust when I removed myself from everyone and came down to my room to study. I finished another assessment! Smiley Very Happy

Negative: had a really bad body image day

Postive: made lots of yummy food, and packed my gym stuff for tomorrow Smiley Happy

Negative: it started raining while I was out walking
Positive: I still enjoyed my walk and the rain calmed me down.

Negative: my mood has been chaotic all day and I felt horrible
Positive: I've used my strategies and was able to stay safe
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hey @EloiseRose that's so wonderful that even when feeling the painful lows of a bad body image day, you were still able to love and care for yourself enough to provide your body food and movement. 

Hey @redhead that's wonderful that you were able to use your strategies to lift your mood. Well done. Smiley Happy