cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: I'm so bored ever since my exams have ended, I've been feeling pretty lonely lately, having finished my exams earlier than others'

Positive: my friends will be done soon and I can spend time with them. In the meanwhile I can clean my room, occupy myself with books. Message some friends, talk to my family on Skype. I'm also going groceries with a friend tomorrow.
Highlighted

Negative: I'm really over stressed currently, so much that I feel like I might burn out soon, which (just the thought of that) stresses me out MORE!! D: It's really tough too, because the next week will be really full on work load (9am to 9pm) so I can't even take a day off! I'm freaking, mannn.

Postive: I've got so many things that I can use to help me relax; I got ReachOut, heaps of TV shows to watch, chocolate, my favourite tea, new books.... all these things I will do after the work to try and relax. I'm also going to ask for a break if it get's too much. I have faith in myself, and my ability to look after myself, which is really rad.

Highlighted

Negative: I feel so down and all over the place
Positive: I haven't resorted to negative coping strategies.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

That shows awesome strength and resilience @redhead You're doing amazingly. Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Negative: high I've had all week is gone
Positive: at least I had a high. And I'm hoping to stay safe through this crash.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

@redhead,

I admire the way you are always looking for the bright side. You're one of the most determined people I know on RO! Im sure it will get you through this down time. Take care. Smiley Happy

blithe

Highlighted

Negative: My wrist has been a bit sore recently, which has made things a little uncomfortable and difficult.
Positive: I've been managing the pain and being very aware of how I move my wrist, and keeping it really warm! Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Negative: Classes start tomorrow, I'm not 100% prepared. PANIC!!

Positive: It's only the first week, I won't have too much catching up to do.

Highlighted

Negative: Tonight's GR sesh kinda stirred up some neg emotions about family and issues that have occured in the past! I'm kinda feeling a little torn and ripped apart. Confliected by different views. Conflicted within myself. ergh.

Positive: I've done quite well to get through to the end of the sesh. I know they're issues I still need to work through...

Negative: I've still got the nasty cough, the antibiotics didn't kills it like the GP said, although it cleared the pain in my throat, I think my tonstills are still enlarged.. :/

Positive: GPs are only human, they make mistakes too! At least it rid most of the pain!

Negative: A couple of my teeth are a bit sore, but I'm too scared to ring up and get an emergency appt. I don't quite think I'd cope well with one at the moment... :/

Positive: I am doing what I can to alleviate the pain, maybe its nothing serious. I'm due for another apt, they should ring in the near future...?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

@Bee wrote:

Negative: Tonight's GR sesh kinda stirred up some neg emotions about family and issues that have occured in the past! I'm kinda feeling a little torn and ripped apart. Confliected by different views. Conflicted within myself. ergh.

Positive: I've done quite well to get through to the end of the sesh. I know they're issues I still need to work through...

Look after yrself, OK? Hope you did the things that you know help you when you are feeling overwhelmed. Remember you can always log out of the session if you need it and chat it through with KHL/Lifeline etc

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com