cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: Have been feeling pretty lousy and not copping too well.
Positive: I'm still fighting through

Negative: I wasn't able to see Mrs K on Friday, and seeing my mentor didn't go to plan, she noticed something was up and then I unconsciencly did my best to hide it and cover it up, why wasn't I able to talk to her?
Positive: I tried. I accepted how things were and what had happened and tried my best to cope

Negative: I had a moment again in English, broke down in tears, felt completely lost and hopeless.
Positive: My teacher said how great my work was and that I should be happy with it, but quickly realised there was something more and questioned me but of course I shut down, and said she was there if I needed to talk.

Negative: I feel bad that I keep finding myself in that space, and not knowing how to get out of it. esp since it's occuring more in English
Positive: I'm trying my best

Negative: What my teacher said today kind of struck and scarred me
Positive: she only said it because she is concerned

Negative: Worried about my exams, not too sure how they will turn out,
Positive: I'll get through it.

Negative: After talking to my science teacher and thinking I think I need to change my mentor
Positive: I just need to figure out who I can open up to!

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Neg: I'm scared I won't make strong connections...

Pos: I don't know until I try...

Neg: How many essays will I have to do to convince Mum I can do this? 

Pos: I should ask... 

Neg: the ideas are stuck in my head, but won't come out....

Pos: One @ a time....

Neg: What if it's choppy?

pos: So be it. I've already got half my mark. The exam is only 50% of my final mark. Even if I do badly, I won't fail....

Negative: didn't come out of my double drama feeling too good this morning. And it warrented a deep talk with a friend which where at one point I felt so angry and discgusted I was feeling like acting in a stupid way
Positive: I dug through it. I held myself together.
Positive: I managed to knock on the counsellors door and arrange to see her.

Negative: By the end of period 3 I was feeling like crap again.
Positive: I got time to myself and finished an assessment!

Negative: I forgot about seeing the other teacher about the body outlines for my assessment
Positive: I can see her tomorrow

Good ol' mental alchemy(not sure if anyone mentioned it earlier but this is the symbol http://blog.world-mysteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/alchemy_symbol_strong.gif)

neg: lost my wallet
pos: have no money to spent on useless items and junk food

Neg: I've been struggling to find anything positive in my life lately.

Pos: I took some time out for me whilst at work, and sat out in the sun.

I'm taking the time to appreciate the little things in life. Smiley Happy

Negative: Didn't get to see the counsellor today
Positive: I'm doing okay, I got to help some year8 girls with their maths Smiley Happy

Negative: My friend had a bad reaction after some news with her sister which put me in a bit of a downer by the end of lunch
Positive: I gave her my whole support, I gave her space and time, And I tried my best not to make a big thing out of our other friend who mis-interperated what I was trying to say

Negative: Thinking over what my mentor was wanting me to do tonight I started to get a bit anxious, and questions that stopped me in the first place came to mind
Positive: I faught through them reminding myself that she said she'd be more than happy to help me.

Negative: There is that little voice inside my head that doesn't want to comply
Positive: I trust her, I know I'm just over thinking this

Negative: Have been piggin out a bit on junk, and noticing that unless I eat healthy foods my mood drops dramatically
Positive: I've identified this and can set off to make sure we have salad stuff in the fridge so I can keep having salad buns Smiley Happy yum

Negative: was thinking I was never going to finish my summary for the body in motion
Positive: It's done, I just need to google a couple pictures and I can print it off tomorrow at TAFE Smiley Happy

Neg: My assignment still isn't finished.

Pos: It's much closer to being done and I'll be able to sumbit it tomorrow. 

Negative: Feeling overwhellemed by the last bit of my drama assessment
Positive: My teacher has faith in me

Negative: Finding it hard to remiain positive and optimistic about this assessment task and exm next week :/
Positive: I'm going to get there, I've proved I can do this.

Negative: Finding it hard to keep this negative mood at bay
Positive: Going to try some writting

Negative: I have so many things to right now and I'm panicking about which makes it even harder to get done, and i didn't do any of the uni work i needed to do today.

Positive: I did manage to do the grocery shopping, clean my room and attend the appointment i had scheduled.

Negative: Feeling as though I didn't do as well as I should have in my math exam ; feeling guilty because I didn't study until last minute and then I barely did anything
Positive: I did what I could. I've been trying to look after my emotional health a bit. I did the best I could in the exam with how I was feeling in the current time. And even if I get a bit of a dodgy mark who cares? The score does NOT measure my worth or how smart I am, it's just telling me how well I perfomed under pressure in one moment in time, it never takes into consideration anything else!

Negative: I didn't get to see my mentor today;she forgot
Positive: While I was a bit annoyed I realized that she's human. She did apoligize and was generally sorry as she had in all honesty forgotten. It made for a bit of a laugh. We organised to meet up tomorrow to go over these last two exams. And afterwards I might be able to see Mrs K as she said she'd be in and wants to see me.

Negative: I've had a few mixed emotions and reactions over some events today and have felt unsure and confused about them
Positive: I held myself together really well.

Negative: I've got a pain in my lower right arm
Positive: I'm sure it's just my muscle wanting a bit of TLC ; I've removed my bracelets to let my arm recover.