Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Thanks @blithe ! Smiley Happy

Neg: Today went so so fast!
Pos: I was productive for a fair while!

Neg: I'm worried about meeting the due date for this assessment
Pos: I will get as much done as possible!! I have done some questions!!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Neg: Feeling really overwhelmed by this assessment right now. I'm stressed to buggery over the due date and not having had much class time to really refresh our knowledge from cert3! I'm strugging to even understand hte questions or extract the knowledge from anywhere! It's not helping that thigns at home are pushing me beyond my ability to cope right now.

Pos:I've got a tiny bit of it done on it I guess

Neg: I feel like I've hit my limit. I just cannot even concentrate to get anything out! I'm just not feeling able to complete it right now. Which only stresses me even more because it's due next Tuesday!!! :'(  

Pos: I have done some. I have a week to figure out how to answer these Q's!

Neg: I have all this stuff clogging up my head. All this junk just circling around making it all so much harder to focus. I don't even have anyone I can really open up to, which only makes it so much harder!! Smiley Sad I don't know where to turn, I feel like I'm only being a pain by asking the other people in the class. In essence, I feel alone with it all, haunting me day and night! Smiley Sad

Pos: I can do this. I've proven it to myself before hand. I just need some motivation!

Negative: Don't feel like I'm doing too well at anything at the moment. Especially uni.
Positive: I am still trying my best, which hopefully means that I will get better at things.

Negative: Still feeling so exhausted from my trip, don't know if its jetlag or laziness
Positive: I get to sleep and catch up on my TV shows

Negative: yesterday I found out my aunt has cancer (and I can't see her due to her being in another state)
Positive: cancer is treatable and she might survive.

Negative: I feel like I can't cope anymore
Positive: I just gotta keep holding on. I have good supports and despite my feelings I'm strong. I will get through this. Feelings can change.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Neg: I'm never going to get this stupid assignment done. 

Pos: It's only a draft. And I am awesome at improv! I mean, did you even hear yourself in class today? I took bits of information we had already decided on to weave an awesome tale for Mr Y while he checked on our progress. I mean, that's not an easy thing! Just improv this stuff!

Neg: Oh god... life man.

Pos: Eh. Life's life, take what you can and do what you must. Simple as that. 

Neg: Sooo tired....

Pos: If I hurry with the draft, I can go to sleep and I won't get too much sleep! Cause it'll be around 7 or 8 hours sleep which is the perfect amount! Haha, perfect!

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Neg: nervous about placement
Pos: it's normal! Think fun! Don't worry about Tafe stuff, it'll come naturally Smiley Happy

Neg: who'd want to talk to me?? Smiley Sad
Pos: why wouldn't they? What reason would they have to think I'm boring?? Smiley Happy

Neg: how can I write this up so it answers the questions?? Smiley Sad
Pos: I'll work it out

Negative: Haven't worked on my assessment for a few days, still fretting over some of the questions and HOW I'm actually going to finish it...! Smiley Surprised

Positive: We (the class) got an extension for it so it's not due for another 9 days!! We are going to go over it during class on Tuesday! Smiley Very Happy

Negative: I have no idea what area I'm on for Tuesday! And no idea what to do at all... ugh.

Positive: I have the roster in my inbox, I can look at it and plan for Tuesday! (I also need to finish evaluating last week!!!!)

Negative: Trying to get my head around centrelink stuff is really confusing me!! I don't really understand half of it...

Positive: I kinda know what I have to do, I just need to understand it! Smiley Happy

Negative: I'm kind of scared and nervous about starting with this local family on Tuesday, I don't know what to plan to do with the girl, and don't know what she likes.

Positive: I'm overthinking it! I have a few different ideas up my sleeve which I can pull out! I can spend time getting to know her so I can plan better!! 

Negative: Been feeling over the whole moving thing. Looking for houses is such a drain sometimes...

Positive: We have found one! We will hear back this week (or next) if we get it or not!! Smiley Very Happy

Neg: I just started a new job (one month on Friday!) and I'm still feeling a little out of my depth
Pos: The team is really supportive of my questions, so I just need to be open.

Neg: Sometimes I get so angry with the people I love most for no reason at all

Pos: Taking some time by myself helps me reflect on how lucky I am to have them in my life

@Bee - loving your positivity on this thread lately! I know study can be really stressful around this time of year so it's great to see you're thinking about things early and getting on top of it!

@redhead - I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. That's a really difficult thing for you to have to go through, espcially when you're not able to see her. In terms of everything else, create a new thread and tell us about what's going on - you'll be surprised how much better you'll feel by just putting it all out there Smiley Happy

@snorlax thank you! I have been really trying not to get too overwhelmed and worked out over things, I find this thread helps with that Smiley Happy