cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: I'M STILL SICK.

Positive: I will get better eventually! In the meantime I'm managing it as best I can.

Negative: Lots of work to catch up on - how will I get it done?!

Positive: I'm sorting out a study timetable which will allow me to finish everything. The teachers have been awesome and given me extensions, so there's no need to worry at this stage.

Negative: Have been feeling pretty unmotivated, agitated and even panicky

Positive: It's just a result of being unwell and out of a routine. I've got plenty of strategies to deal with these emotions. Remember: this too shall pass!

Negative: I think I messed up my presentation

Positive: I probably didn't do as bad as it seems, I wasn't feeling well, at least I went to class.

Negative: I feel really bad today

Positive: Just need to remind myself I can make it through

Negative: Tired.

Positive: It's nearly bedtime and I have the whole weekend to snooze

Negative: Anxious

Positive: Taking deep breaths. It's pretty manageable compared to how bad it used to be. About to go and have a shower which will calm me down.

Negative: I prefer being on top of everything but I feel like I'm crashing down, and being in slow motion doesn't help either.

Positive: I'm still at least going to classes, even if I only have a few, I'm still regular meals eating, and sort of trying to look after myself.

Neg: Oh holey mother of cheese from the region of Switzerland! I have an exam, of the speaking sort, tomorrow, in another language, that I haven't studied for... Oh cheeseballs....

Pos: 'Holey mother of cheese from the region of Switzerland"? That right there is a positive! I mean, how create is that? Now just translate it... nope... but anyways it'll be fine! It'll be fine...

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Negative:I cant manage anything to cope with anything anymore

Positive:I take small steps because its easier to cope with at the moment

Negative: I was slightly late for class

Positive: at least I didn't miss anything, and I considering how tired I've been, and slow, at least I got there

Negative: I found it really difficult to focus on my last assignment

Positive: I managed to submit it on time, even though I wish I felt more awake and was able to check it more thoroughly I still got it in

Negative: I have a really busy next few weeks coming up...

Positive: I can recognise that and now plan how to tackle them!

Negative: Stuck inside all day studying when it's lovely and sunny outside.

Positive: I have a big window!

Negative: feeling queasy at the moment, dealing with bad anxiety 

Positive: I can try to soothe myself by praying and taking long deep breathes. I will have a early night, so exhausted. 

Negative: feeling so tired, and unenergetic for uni

Positive: at least I'm still getting to classes, even if I'm late. I'm doing what I can, even if I'm falling behind on readings, I can catch up later, and take it easy until I feel better. 

Nice one @Creativegirl12 It sounds like your ways of self soothing are really gentle and exactly what you need right now. Smiley Happy

And any time in class is better than none. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for going even though you don't feel like it. You're well being has to come first, always.