cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Turning Negatives Into Positives

Negative: im at uni for 11 hours today

postive: surely in those 11 hours i will learn something new Smiley Wink

This is such a lovely thread! I'm new to all this, but I'm going to give it a go!

Negative: I've been getting colds quite often lately which has left me sneezing and sniffling everywhere I go

Positive: I've recently gotten a bit better, just in time for a busy period and for some celebrations! Smiley Very Happy 

This has been more of a long term thing-

Negative: Struggled through a tough break-up during my final year of High School 

Positives: Learnt to find support in my friends and family, and pick myself up in time to get into my dream university course. I am now following my dreams in every way I could imagine, and about to celebrate one-year with my partner!

It's always good to remember that life is truly an adventure; even through unhappiness there is great beauty and joy.

@E_Rose Hey and welcome! Thanks for that beautiful post; it put a smile on my face Smiley Happy Hope to see you around the forums.

Negative: Just as I've been getting better, I now have a runny/stuffy nose!

Positive: Compared to before I'm doing really well health wise. All I need to manage it are some tissues and eucalyptus oil. Easy Smiley Happy

Negative: Feeling really unmotivated to do any school work right now. I'm exhausted from such a crazy stressful week of classes/study.

Positive: IT'S FRIDAY! And I have done SO MUCH WORK this week, which is awesome! The rest of the day should be pretty stress-free, plus I have a whole weekend to sleep and chill out Smiley Happy

Negative: Super frustrated with a few friends right now who have decided I'm not worthy enough to be included in their conversations etc.

Positive: That's their problem, not mine. I still have other friends who are happy to share stuff with me. I won't have much to do with them in a few months anyway - we'll all be at different unis.

Neg: Child protection was exhausting! Smiley Sad I didn't get my assessment done either
Pos: I explained what's been going on and printed what I needed to finish the assessments- I'm finally organised! Smiley Happy

Neg: why has it taken me this long??? Smiley Sad
Pos: I've had a lot on. I'm OK

Neg: Found out what the placement projects are and I feel so stupid that I didn't know what they were in the beginning!
Pos: found them now and can get started on Monday Smiley Happy

negative: i've gotten way behind on a short course i'm doing on forensic science

positive: i'll have time on sunday to catch up, and i'm behind because i haven't been feeling well.

negative: i have to increase my medication dosage so i'm going to feel really blah and sick. Robot Sad

positive: i'm getting closer to finding the right dosage for me, and my boyfriend is really proud of me!

negative: i need new glasses and it's so expensive...

positive: it's not urgent and i'll be able to save up over the next few weeks, plus i only have to put down half a deposit on them rather than the full amount all at once.

this is an awesome tool Robot HappyRobot HappyRobot Happy

Nice one @E_Rose - happy to have you here. sounds like you have learnt a lot through your tough time...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Negative: I feel like crap

Positive: since I'm cyclic, my mood is probably going to pick up within a few days, just need to hang in there for now.

Negative - I can't bring myself to put words to a real negative, because it might lead me too close to the edge of a hole I won't escape from.

Positive - I know there's a hole. I'm not quite sure where the edge is, but as long as I'm on the right side I can put up a big fence with huge warning signs and just stay away from there. As long as I'm on the right side...

Neg: back in hospital
Pos: I am safe
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Robot Sad - For some reason I use one book for all my subjects. Robot Indifferent Oh why me? WHY!?

Robot Happy - During exam time it gives me another purpose for rewriting all my work... if I do it... 

Robot Sad - Exams. Oh monkey feathers! 7 in exam block, which is only a few days and 3 out of exam block. One of which is tomorrow. And one assignment left! Incoherent screams of anguish!

Robot Happy - It was four assignments. 5-6 even 7 of the exams will be guarenteed easy. Besides, I'm going to pass them. Probably. 

Robot Sad - I am procrastinating right now. And I don't like it.

Robot Happy - Then stop.... or oh my gosh! YES! This song! This song! Oh so worth it! "Don't let the cave in get you down Sokka!" Oh my gosh so beautiful... River people! Oh the joy!

All negatives gone. Love you Nomads! And your songs!