cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tw hopeless rambling

I feel really alone. I don't feel capable of contributing anything good to the world or others in my life. I feel hopeless when I think about all the bad things in the world. It doesn't seem like anything can help. I don't really know what else to say. Hope you guys are ok.

Re: Tw hopeless rambling

Hey @hellofriend 

I'm really sorry to hear you are feeling this way. In fact you have me feeling a little worried about you. Are you safe right now? 

Is there something in particular that triggered these feelings or are they always there? 

Hi @hellofriend, I'm really sorry that you're going through this and I hope that you feel better soon. Smiley Sad

I know that you said that it doesn't seem like anything could help, but I'm here if you need someone to talk to or a distraction.

I really admire how much you've supported other people on here. You've already contributed so much. Heart

Hi @hellofriend 

It sounds like things are feeling pretty tough at the moment, how are you feeling today?

Hi @Maddy-RO , yeah I'm not in any immediate danger. (Although I always find that question on here a little uncomfortable- aren't you not supposed to post if you're unsafe? Won't someone just tell you to call 000 and get off the forums/edit or remove what you said? Kind of cheapens the question maybe). I think the feelings are always there, there are just times they're harder to deal with than others.

Thanks @WheresMySquishy . that's really nice. We could maybe try talking? Not really sure. 

Still feeling pretty awful today @Claire-RO . 

Thanks guys

Hey @hellofriend 

I'm glad to hear you are not in any immediate danger. I know what you mean. Yes you aren't really supposed to post if you are unsafe because we aren't a crisis support service so we may not be the level of support you need, hence why we might refer you to other services. However, a lot of people do post when they are feeling unsafe, and therefore it is important for us to ask if we are concerned. The safety of our users is important to us Smiley Happy and we want to help users to get the right support. On that note - do you have much of a support network at the moment? Is there anyone you talk to when you're feeling down? Heart

Highlighted

No I don't really have much of a support network @Maddy-RO . I'm married and discussing mental health challenges with my husband has had pretty mixed results so I don't really want to dive into it. He knows I feel bad but we don't talk about it much. I don't really have close friends (and I can't seem to change this), and I don't currently have any professionals I'm linked in with (but that's turned out pretty bad in the past anyway)

Hey @hellofriend 

Sorry to read that you have been going though a hard time. It must be hard for you having limited support. What kinds of professional support have you received in the past?  

@Bre-RO I've been to gp's, counselors, psychologists, a psychiatrist, a community mental health centre, headspace, KHL and emergency departments

Hey @hellofriend 

It must be really hard going through this on your own. It's unfortunate that you can't talk to your partner about your mental health - is he otherwise supportive? 

It's also unfortunate that none of those services have worked for you. I'm wondering - what do you do to help when feeling this way then? I can see that you have posted on here which is awesome!  I hope posting our forums is a good outlet for you Smiley Happy