cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Tw suicide - anniversary

Just letting you all know I'm ok for now, I'm back in the psych ward though hopefully for not too long.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Thanks for the update @redhead. Very glad you're safe atm.

Just saw Dr, I'll be here til at least Monday involuntary.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Glad you're safe @redhead and thank you for telling us how you're going.

Do you want to talk at the moment?

@Ben-RO idk i don't know what to talk about. Atm I'm still planning x as soon as I'm discharged. Idk how to shift out of this headspace, there's just too much shit in my head. And some of the stuff I can't talk about because it would be triggering, I shouldn't even have made this thread because I can't be talked out of suicide and trigger other people because of that.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead I'm not gonna lie, we don't know a lot about how to support people who are feeling suicidal all the time, RO is designed to support people with very different needs to that. If you can help us find out how to support you though then we're happy to have a crack at it. So I want you to ask your team about what we can do to support you. I also encourage you to also talk to Sane because they know a LOT about this stuff and they are not triggered at all by it, even if you just use Sane for that particular support need.

Ok
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

So I survived the date. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I should look to the future instead of the past but all I see ahead is pain. It's hard.
I want to be able to focus on positives and my goals but all my brain does is tell me it hurts too much RN, like the immediate feelings take over.
I don't know how to retrain my brain to stop thinking of suicide? Does anyone have any advice.

(also I'm on the wait list for a psychologist to help work through this, but that could be another few months away. I don't know what to do til then)
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

I'm glad the day has passed @redhead and you made it through. You are so strong, please know that.

Brains are tricky things, and they're hard to retrain. For me, it's been very much a moment by moment thing. Like, each time a thought pops up, counter it with a different one. I've found writing down the bad thought and then physically crossing it out and writing down a nicer, more helpful one was useful for me at the beginning. Do you think that could be an option?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

@letitgo I'm not one for writing things down, but I like the concept.
I've been trying to catch my thoughts today. Not much luck but I'm trying.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire