cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UnNatural

How do you deal with that unnatural feeling after you finally achieved something?I've spoken about it on here before but after four years I finally got a job. It's been 6 months and I still this nagging thing at the back of my mind. I'm not used to not worrying? Will I feel like this forever? 

Re: UnNatural

Hey @Clarke , thanks for coming and sharing with us again and sharing how things have been going. 

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing anxiety or an "off" feeling  - must be super frustrating to not know why you feel the way you do! It sounds like you expected it to leave when you settled into the job, but it hasn't - is that right?

It is very common to experience anxiety without a specific cause - or explanation - and this is what can make it so frustrating and confusing for people. It sounds like that's the case for you?

We have some info over here on anxiety that might resonate with you .

This nagging feeling would be good to speak to a GP or psychologist about as they can give you some practical tips and strategies about how to cope with this feeling, and try ways to alleviate it. 

Others on the forum might have more insight and support to offer - I'll tag a few people - 

@Alison5  @DirtWitch @ecla34@gezellig   @MissX @MitchellClifford @Motty91

@mrmusic @scared01

@gina-RO Thankyou. That is exactly how I feel. I might start mildfulness again. Maybe in those un natural moments, I'll learn to be in the moment and then I'll get used to it 

Hi @Clarke, i'm sorry to hear that you're in such a frustrating situation.
sometimes when you worry for so long, your brain can have a really hard time breaking free from the same pattern of thoughts and anxiety, but it's definitely possible! 
You mentioned picking up mindfulness again, and that sounds like a great idea Smiley Happy Has it helped you in the past?
Reach Out has a lot of apps for helping to manage anxiety, including ones about mindfulness, they might be worth checking out too Smiley Happy
Hope your day went okay Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a Slow-Mo Getting Real chat on Family Changes during the week running from the 7-11th of October! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart
Highlighted

Hi @Clarke, sorry to hear about what you're dealing with, it must be so tough and exhausting having your mind filled with anxious thoughts all the time, but you are so so strong for still sticking it out and getting this new job too! You should be proud of this achievement!

As ecla34 mentioned, you should give some of the apps on your phone a try, then you could practice mindfulness anywhere you are when you feel your thoughts starting to race.

How has your new job been? Have you been enjoying it or has there been anything that may be bothering you or leaving you worried at work?

Hey @Clarke, everyone else has written some awesome responses, and I hope you can give some of those things a go.

I just wanted to know what you are currently doing for self care? Because while it’s great to have a job, it is still work, and it can be very easy to burn out. Here’s an article with some self care strategies, or you could perhaps look at this thread to get some ideas of things that other people do for self care. It’s got to be things that you enjoy, and that give you a temporary break from stress and negative feelings.

I hope things get a little easier for you soon. ❤️