Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unread Letters

Thank you @letitgo. That means a lot to me. Smiley Happy

Dear various ad production teams;

Please. Calm. Down.

Car insurance is not that exciting, even if it does come from a grocery store. (also who's buying car insurance along with milk, deodorant, apples and instant coffee? Who's shopping list includes "car, house and pet insurance"?)

No, I have not been injured in an accident that wasn't my fault; though I'll keep a note to avoid forklifts and any roads with strangely ominous lighting. 

If I do get injured and my insurance doesn't help though, I'll be glad to direct you to my nearest shopping-centre-cross-insurance-agency.

Also I would like to mention that your diet plan, exercise... thing and/ or organic 1000% natural, unsweetened almond milk will not change my life. It'd probably just make hungry.

I have never in my life wondered how your face cream compares to laser surgery, and I seriously hope that person did not literally get laser resurfacing on only one half of her face.

It just seems a bit excessive for the sake of a 30 second ad.

Whose idea was that exactly?

Also banks; why are half of you pretending you are not, in fact, a bank? And making fun of all banks in the process?

Please stop. You're not fooling anyone and frankly it's getting embarrassing.

To that office supplies store, I love you but your pencils will not change world, erase poverty or cure cancer. Just be you. You're already enough, office supplies store. You're already enough.

And to various car production companies, this would have to be the 50th time I've heard that music. Please find a new song. Please.

Sincerely;

Person who watches too much TV. 

Dear self.
I know you’re getting piled up with assignments and homework that is unnecessary, but please hold on! You have already had a syncope episode at school, you don’t want to have another one... if you do, it will most likely be from all the stress you keep over complicating.

You are already tired enough everyday. Please try to calm down before something bad happens. Getting emotional will exhaust yourself even more.

Think of the great things you have already achieved! Like that A- in Home Ec last term. Or how you rocked that violin performance! And the fact that you have undergone so many appointments and tests to figure out what’s causing you health problems! Plus all the exercise you have gotten to do from a high exercise HPE class. And singing a solo in a song in front of many people at once! You are strong, courageous, beautiful, and perfectly made. Don’t let that ruin your possibly last term at your current school.

Sincerely,
Your very tired, overworked conscious.

Oh, now you're angry. We've been angry for the past year. When we told you we were angry, you dismissed us and said that we shouldn't feel that way. Why is it okay for you to feel angry but not for us?

Imagine that you had a close family member and were full of hopes and dreams about her future. Imagine that she was suddenly struck down by a serious illness, sparking emotions such as fear, confusion, disappointment and a feeling of uncertainty about what this would mean for her life and the family. Imagine that doctors promised you that they were going to make her better and get her back to how she used to be.

Imagine that the same doctors then went on to constantly delay her treatment despite your pleas and knowledge that delays in diagnosis and treatment result in poorer outcomes for her condition.
Imagine that you had to give up everything to look after her at all times because you are given absolutely no support from the hospital. You lose jobs, money, hobbies, a social life and have to put your own life on hold. Not to mention that you also have frail elderly relatives that you are looking after at the same time.

Then when she does have treatment, your valid concerns are dismissed time and time again.
She is sent home despite clearly not being ready to be discharged, with none of the promises having been achieved, and having no support regarding her care.
She ends up getting worse at home, which is what you warned the doctors about.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Please have some empathy and support for our situation. I know that you will never be able to feel what it is like, but at least try not to dismiss our feelings and concerns. Until it happens to you, I won't listen to how you tell us we should act and feel.

Oh @WheresMySquishy...
I’m so sorry that those doctors and the hospital is being stupid again. I really know what it feels like when you try to get the things you need from them, but don’t get them because of some lousy lazy people. You and your sister are in my thoughts ❤️.

Dear self.
Please learn to forgive yourself. You already think it’s your fault that you are such a disappointment to your family, academically, emotionally, and mentally. I’m sorry that we haven’t learnt how to do that yet, and I’m sorry that this self hate is starting to trigger some horrid things in our thoughts. But I’m trying my best to help, and get the mental support we need. 😢

I’m so sorry that our parents don’t care what we think we need. I’m sorry that We’re letting our friends down by leaving. I’m sorry that our mental and physical health has been so bad that our parents think the current school is absolute shit.

And I’m sorry for not forgiving you for things that are out of our control. I just want things back to normal. Even if it means that I put on a mask, and say things are perfect, just to make my parents happy. Just to make everything look good for them, but really I’m bottling everything up and holding it all in. Crying every night because of their decision. Making horrible, unforgivable mistakes and choices. Because of the change that will hurt me more than what they see.

I’m sorry for being the worthless person that nobody needs. I’m sorry for being the waste of space that takes up resources that people in 3rd world countries could be using.

I’m sorry for being me.

I am safe, but as some of you may be able to tell, very very very very upset. 😭

Hey @WheresMySquishy 

What a poignantly written letter that conveys such considerable challenges, and the courage to face them daily.  The strength of your character is really inspiring Heart

Hey @xXLexi_Lou122Xx ,

I'm so sorry to read your letter.  It is wonderfully brave and courageous of you to do so.  You are a fantastic contributor to this forum.  I read your supportive responses to other members all the time.  They are thoughtful, supportive, and insightful.  This shows that you are a kind person Heart

Thank you @TOM-RO.
I love being here, and I really appreciate everyone here. I don't know if I would still be here, if it weren’t for ReachOut.

Aw, that's really sweet of you to say that @xXLexi_Lou122Xx! I also appreciate you being on the forums as well. Plus I totally agree with you: I wouldn't know if I would still be here if it weren't for ReachOut too Smiley Happy

Thank you @Esperenza67. I think we can all agree with that!