cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Update

My friend found out that I have been self harming and she forced me to got to the school counselor. So now I'm talking to her and she's trying to determine if my feelings are because of depression or my lack of eating. Also whether I have an eating disorder or not.

Re: Update

Hey @rudeandginger,

Thanks for the update! It sounds like you've got a great friend who really cares about you. How're you finding things with the school counsellor? It can be pretty nerve-wracking to talk to someone about these things, but experience tells me (and others) that it's one of the best things you can do.

Take care Smiley Happy

sounds like you've got a good friend. the school counselor is bound by confidentiality, tell em whats on yr mind. well done for taking that step

It makes me feel better to get it off my chest, and it gives me a lot more hope. My friend thought that I would be mad at her, and she starting crying when I said thank you. The counselor is teaching me to eat more frequently, and to sleep more.

hey @rudeandginger that's so great. i'm glad you are finding the sessions useful. i find talking about what i'm thinking with others really helpful too. Smiley Happy

lanejane