cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

What Is Wrong With Me?

Help- What is wrong with me?

Hi, I'm actually new here, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I came here for help with some things that have been going on recently, as my family won't listen and says "I'm fine".

So, I've been really 'off' lately.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Just recently, I've started hearing faint yelling or soft humming when nobody else has. I've been seeing things out of the corners of my eyes, I feel like I'm being stalked or targeted as if someone's trying to kill me. I can't look into dark doorways, or else my paranoia sparks. I can barely make sentences make sense and I'm not even thinking straight anymore. Every time I look into the mirror, I swear my reflection shifts or there's something behind me I can faintly see. Things morph and move when I'm not looking, I swear... And to top it off, I have severe insomnia and general anxiety. Paranoia decided to join, too.

I've mentioned this to my family, and the first time, they were going to take me to a doctor. But they didn't end up doing it. The second time I reminded them, they shook it off and said: "You're fine, stop worrying."

I am so so scared. Please please please help me.

I still have the rest of my life to live, I'm so young.

What is wrong with me?

-A

Re: What Is Wrong With Me?

Hi @AutumnAmnesia welcome to ReachOut and thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling off lately, it sounds like you're having a difficult time. What you've described must feel quite scary when it's happening. It must have been frustrating when your family didn't take you to the doctor, could you ask them again and explain how it is impacting you? I would also recommend contacting Kids Helpline or eHeadspace for some further support. They provide a free counselling service either by phone or webchat and may be able to refer you to some local supports as well. How have you been looking after yourself during this time? We're here for you Heart

Hey @AutumnAmnesia, just wanted to check in, how have things been going for you lately? We're here if you want to chat xx Heart