cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do

I'm sick of feeling anxious all the time. I am a constant raging ball of s t r e s s and it's so tiring and NOTHING IS HELPING. I go to a psychologist and she has done NOTHING that has actually helped me, (I've been going for quite some time) and I have done a lot of research and NOTHING WORKS. I have horrible pains in my jaw from grinding my teeth, loss of appetite because I feel so sick, and I'm always on the verge of crying. My mind is so taken up by these thoughts I don't even know who I am anymore and too many things are going on and I'm just AGGHHH. 

Re: What do

I know you for a lot of emotionals you are probably stressing and need to sleep but nothing is going to help you feel better in les you let let your self feel better relax do a puzzle tak some time to egnor stuff and get some rest you will feel better after

Hi @Blurryphaced,

I'm so sorry to hear how hard the stress has been. Feeling anxious is such an awful feeling, and I can imagine how painful it must be to have all the time Smiley Sad I can hear how difficult it is to feel like nothing is helping- it sounds like you have really put a lot of energy into seeking help and I'm very sorry to hear there hasn't been improvement with this psychologist.

I can really relate to how you are feeling right now - I hear you Heart @Lonelygir102 has mentioned distractions- does anything like that help to reduce the stress for a period of time?

I'm wondering if you finding writing it out here on the forums helpful and hearing from other people who are going through similar experiences? We are here for you Heart

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

I can really relate to how you are feeling right now - I hear you @Lonelygir102 has mentioned distractions- does anything like that help to reduce the stress for a period of time?

I'm wondering if you finding writing it out here on the forums helpful and hearing from other people who are going through similar experiences? We are here for you

Hi it is me lonely girl in answer to your questions Some times i love 2 colur and puzzling is so much fun but the activities can get tedious and boring after a while if you don’t have some one 2 do the activities with.thats just how I feel i do have a sister but she doesn’t really like to do everything but spend time on her phone so i dont bother a lot of the time and i do write stories and some diary pages I actually won an award ones but it still is not that helpful but thank you for the idea.

Sent from my iPad

@Jess1-RO thank you for your response Smiley Happy Personally, distraction doesn't work very well for me. Despite how hard I try, my brain is very persistent in not calming down (my best coping mechanism is crying to release some tension). It doesn't help that when I try 'soothing' activities like reading and board games, I feel guilty and nervous that I'm not doing something constructive. Reach out helps me to not feel alone I guess, especially in those really rough patches. 

hi @Blurryphaced perhaps its time to change psychologists. if your current one isnt helping you then maybe its time to look into other therapies. are you currently doing cbt? as there are other types too like dbt, act, schema therapy, psychotherapy as well.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@Jess1-RO thank you for your response Personally, distraction doesn't work very well for me. Despite how hard I try, my brain is very persistent in not calming down (my best coping mechanism is crying to release some tension). It doesn't help that when I try 'soothing' activities like reading and board games, I feel guilty and nervous that I'm not doing something constructive. Reach out helps me to not feel alone I guess, especially in those really rough patches.

I know how you feel i sometimes listening to audio books they can be ralxing and you are just listen so it keeps your hands free so you can do stuff 2.i prefer to listen and do choirs but it is up 2 u there is a really good one about gaming called the land(founding) and it can be helpful if you are reading a book for work or school and you don’t understand sometimes listen to the book helps.but you don’t have 2 be stressed I am sure you will find something that helps.

I hope you feel better love lonely girl

perhaps its time to change psychologists. if your current one isnt helping you then maybe its time to look into other therapies. are you currently doing cbt? as there are other types too like dbt, act, schema therapy, psychotherapy as well.

Umm for starting cbt,dbt,act ??? I really am terrible with acronyms sorry.
And I don’t really have a therapist right now there is a school counselor at my school but I have not had a therapist since I moved countries 2 years ago and everything is still a little hectic even know it has been 2 years but I have been talking to my mom about it so maybe I will be able 2 go get therapy soon.thank you for the advice

Hi @Blurryphaced,

How are you going today? I hear you about feeling guilty doing self care- it's hard when we feel this way, but I want you to know that you are worth it and I hope that in time these feelings of guilt go down. I like that you mentioned crying is a good release for you- crying has been shown to have some amazing effects on the brain in reducing emotional and physical pain. Keep reaching out to us when you need to, we are always here for you Heart 

Hi @Lonelygir102,

I'm just replying to your recent post on this thread over in the thread you started the other day here so we can chat it through a bit more together Smiley Happy