cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What i wish i could have told myself during high school and college

. even though it feels like it, this wont be forever

. being an adult doesn't mean you have more freedom just more responsibility

. enjoy the time you have with your friends it is much harder to find time to spend together when you are in uni

. do the work now it is much harder to do later

. someone talking about you behind you back actually doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. 

. you dont have to be friends with the people in your year group there is no age range for friends

. the teachers arent just going on about all the boring stuff you actually need to know that stuff later.

. dont put so much pressure on yourself it doesnt achieve anything 

. one day you will understand your parents 

. dont worry about not having a boyfriend in school by the time you are finished school you will be a completely different person plus boys are much nicer when they have grown up a bit. 

. there are no popular kids in the adult world 

. the only expectations you should worry about are your own.

. run, play in the dirt be a kid it doesnt last long. 

and whatever you do trust your instincts they were right all along.  

Re: What i wish i could have told myself during high school and college

Great topic @Eden1717! I'm sure a lot of people can relate to it. I know I do.

I feel like I put a lot of pressure on myself in high school. In the end, it didn't really matter. I learned that people actually noticed or cared about things such as appearance a lot less than how much I thought they did. Things often seemed like the end of the world at the time, but they didn't seem to have much of an impact after all. I spent more time worrying about different possibilities more than I was actually affected by them.

Highlighted

Re: What i wish i could have told myself during high school and college

Hindsight is wonderful, isn't it! Thanks for both sharing your experiences @WheresMySquishy and @Eden1717.

I really agree about the appearance thing. When you are an adult, nobody cares how you look at all! Also, Year 12 finals are not the end of the world, there are ALWAYS other options to get where you want to be. A very amazing thread Heart