cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What if I'm doing everything wrong?

I don't really know how to expand on the title.

I'm trying my best but it feels like I'm constantly failing and it's exhausting. 

Highlighted

Re: What if I'm doing everything wrong?

@Tiny_leaf  is there something in particular this is about? Sorry idk how to be helpful.

Highlighted

hey @Tiny_leaf
I can relate to this quite a lot, it can feel super exhausting and hard cant it?
Has something in particular happened that's made these thoughts and feelings come up?

When I feel like im constantly failing, I try to do something I know im good at like maybe a very simple drawing or making a particular crochet item. just something that shows I can do something right. Is there something that you like to do or feel that your good at? maybe you could try to do one of those activities and see if that helps abit?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

@Eden1717 @scared01 no I don't think there's anything in particular aside from everything...

@scared01 that's a good idea but it's bigger than that.

My issue isn't that I won't do things well, it's that I'll do them wrong and something bad will happen.

That whatever I do will lead to something bad that wouldn't of happened if I'd just not done anything. 

That everything I do makes things worse for me and everyone around me. 

Highlighted

oh I see @Tiny_leaf
thanks for clarifying abit more. I can imagine that would make things quite difficult for you. Have you got anyone to speak to about these things at all?

Im wondering if maybe writing down one thing you would like to do, and the possibilities of what might happen , then try to disprove them?
Highlighted

@scared01 no I don't have anyone...

And there are too many possibilities to write them all down and things always seem to go wrong in ways I can't predict

Highlighted

Hey @Tiny_leaf 

It must be weighing so heavy on you to feel like all of your actions will negatively impact you and the people around you. Thinking about all the things that can potentially go wrong is so painful and scary.

You must feel exhausted but I'm grateful that even though this must be taking up so much of your energy, that you continue to share how your feeling with the community. 

Highlighted

Thanks @Bre-RO 

Highlighted

that sounds super tough @Tiny_leaf

would it be helpful to speak to a psychologist about whats happening? im not to sure if your aware but kids helpline offers free weekly counselling sessions either on the phone or through webchat if speaking to a psychologist in a clinic etc is possible atm
Highlighted

@scared01 I'm still trying to find a psych... I really, really need one but most of the ones I've seen had made things worse anyway, so me even continuing to look is probably another mistake. Smiley Sad

KHL has never been that helpful to me, I think my case is too complex for them or something. Idk I might try, I'm just not hugely confident in them.