cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When you don’t help yourself, how do you expect others to help

Have had the worst year by far. 

Falling out with my best mate that I bought a house with. Lost my job. Mums been in and out of hospital. Things never seem to go to plan.

I’m quite a self confident person, and tend to turn things around for myself. But lately things have been spiraling especially with my gambling. 

Ive wasted so much money this year, hoping each time I’m going to get a good win, and earn some money back.. obviously it never happens, but I keep believing.

Ive put myself in a situation where I can’t afford bills, petrol, food.

I realise what I’m doing, but it continually happens. I’ve got no control.. 

one week I’m fine, and on the up, the next week I’m down even further. I don’t know how to cope anymore, the anxiety is getting overpowering, and affecting me mentally. Especially at night.

ive never reached out like this, it’s something different. But I’m willing to try. 

Highlighted

Re: When you don’t help yourself, how do you expect others to help

hi there and welcome @Original11
it sounds really tough for you right now. would you be willing to speak to your gp and a psychologist about what your going through and your troubles with gambling?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

hey there @Original11, I think @scared01 is right on with where best to start now. Just to check, when you mention you are overwhelmed/can't cope - is this about the anxiety or do you have thoughts/feelings to want to hurt yourself tonight?

Highlighted

Hey @Original11,

I think it's really important to firstly point out how great it is that you've recognised the problem, and then taken a step towards fixing it by posting here. The first step is often the hardest so you're doing really well! Heart

The others have mentioned GP and psychological support (which I'd also highly recommend) but I'm also wondering if you've heard of Gambler's Help? They have free 24/7 counselling services, and are experts in this kind of stuff. What do you think?