cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why

@Bree-RO They never really guided me in any direction and I feel like I'm going in circles 

well i am glad your not dead @Blurryphaced
some psychologists dont suit us that well so its more than ok to try others out. when yuo find one that clicks well with you thats usually where the most benefits lie
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

@Blurryphaced I'm sorry to hear that the feelings of anxiety impact your life so much. As someone with anxiety I can understand some of the frustration and panic you've described. <3

I'm sorry to hear that the psychologist you have seen never really guided you in any direction Smiley Sad That can be quite frustrating!
I wonder if you have spoken to a GP or psychiatrist about these feelings? Or perhaps seek a second opinion from another psychologist?

Come & join us Monday 22 for Getting Real: Life After Year 12 Exams! 
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Highlighted

@gezellig your post somehow ended up in spam so I've just moved it back here.

@Blurryphaced Gezellig makes a good point about trying with another psychologist. Sometimes it can take a while before we find the right person for us

Come & join us Monday 22 for Getting Real: Life After Year 12 Exams! 
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Thank you for your response @gezellig. I've actually been thinking about switching to another psychologist and sharing your personal story actually made me think that that could be beneficial, as well as making me feel more comfortable in doing so. I think I will try one last session with my current psychologist and make her aware I don't think it's working out to see what she says, and then take the necessary steps if I believe that it's going to continue this way. 

@Blurryphaced I think that's a great idea, good luck xx