cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a big miatake

I lost my electrical apprenticeship today because I stole from the business. It was completley out of character but I did it, I didn't think about the consequences. I needed the money and thought I could sell what I got, but when the boss found out, well then I was in a bit of strife.

I handed everything back in and now I don't have a job, I had to hand it all back though or else the police would be told.
I dont know why I did it, it was completley out of character, I have been having a rough weeks which is no excuse.... should of thought about.

I don't who I have become Smiley Sad
I have been doing so well in my apprenticeship until now, I stuffed it us because of one dumb mistake.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Re: a big miatake

I hope you are feeling better. I can understand how hard and scary it is to lose your job and security.

But really consider yourself super lucky that the police are not involved. 

We all make mistakes and sometimes having to deal with consequences means that we will think twice about doing something silly again. A good lesson  I guess.

One dumb mistake is all it takes. Dont do it again. 

I won't do it again, lesson learnt. @standinside

@j95 

Hey man! 

Im so sorry !

Did you get a chance to explain any of it to your boss? Or let him in on the siutation ?

Ahh i feel for you right now - this is the last thing you need.

Im sorry you felt like you had to steal in the first place as well, im sure you did it because you really needed it. But unfortunately its just not the right thing Smiley Sad !! 

Well they found out stuff was going missing, and they started questioning me. I thought i could keep some of the stuff i needed, sell the rest. I tried lying but I'm a pathetic liar. I obviously felt guilty and stopped going to work. They called me up and said they know it was me and I could return everything by 5:30 Friday night or they would call the police. My apprenticeship is over and we're in the process of cancelling the contract. I had the chance to explain myself but decided not to as there isn't much to say. I can't make excuses, I made the mistake, I take full responsiblity and have to face the consequences. It was my fault entirely its just me to blame. @lokifish @EloiseRose

Hey @j95 ,

Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your apprenticeship. It sucks that all this has happened when you've had so much on your plate to deal with in the past couple of weeks. But you're right - it was down to your behaviour, even if you made that decision at a time when things were super difficult for you.

I'm glad that your boss decided to give you the option to return the things you took without calling the police.

It sounds like you've taken full responsibility and you've learned your lesson, which is awesome.

Do you have someone in your life to talk to right now?

Keep your chin up!

blithe

Thanks @blithe

It just upsets me that I had made one costly mistake, I should of just thought about what I was doing.
Nah I don't have anybody right now, my girlfriend and I are having some problems (so conviniently) so not many people to talk to.

now I begin the hunt for another job or course.
Highlighted

Hey @j95  hope you are doing ok.

If I can give any advice it would be that you can use this experience (and the yuck feelings you are getting as a result) as something that can remind you to be your best self as often as you can. I can tell you are a very good and honest person and what you did was out of character.

I know from experience that these making these mistakes can show us (and remind us when we need to be reminded) that it feels crap when you do the wrong thing and disappoint people – especially when we are disappointing ourselves because we know we are better!

I can see through the words you have used to describe this situation that you know you did the wrong thing and to me this means that you have learnt from this mistake and thats the most important thing. It will make you a stronger and better employee at your next job.

If you are feeling like you wanna chat about this don’t forget kidshelpline 1800551800 and we are always here on the forums to listen and chat too Smiley Happy

Chelsb  

Thanks @chelsb

I can grow from the experience even though its a bad one