cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abandonment issues

i feel as if everyone that i am related too leaves me. i am not usually open with my thoughts and emotions, however i feel as if this is a major problem in my life that causes me a lot of issues in how i view situations. 

Highlighted

Re: abandonment issues

im so sorry that this is happening to you. many people feel this way and sharing this is very overcoming for you. how many people do you think have left you or who do you think is going to leave you? @anon1234

hi @anon1234, it is really brave of you to share this with us, thank you and welcome to RO! Smiley Happy

I can sense that you feel quiet frustrated and confused about why people are leaving - is this correct?

Hey @anon1234! Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm getting the sense that you're unsure why people leave you but think that not being open about your thoughts and emotions could have something to do with it.

Is that right?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

I guess that partly right :/ I wouldn't really say that's why people leave me because the only reason I stopped being open about how I felt was because every time I would be someone would leave me (my family) 

Well it all comes from when I was little and my dad was never around so it was my grandma who looked after me while my mum was out doing drugs. After my mum used my grandma life savings on drugs without her permission my grandma sold our house and moved over 6 hours away from here and left all of us kids with my mum and her boyfriend. My mums boyfriend used to hurt my sister and she ended up having a big fight with my parents and she moved out leaving me too look after my other 5 siblings. Once she moved out and he couldn't hurt her he started abusing me. Until I took it too the Police and tried to get him charged and had a vro placed on him. My mum was told by police that she either had to kick her boyfriend out or I couldn't live with her anymore. She chose to have her boyfriend live with her and for me too be placed with another family. 

Very correct! 

I'm sorry to hear that's happened @anon1234, is the family your placed with good to you?

Wow @anon1234, you've been through some heavy stuff. I can see how the behaviour of your mum and your grandma would make it hard for you to open up about your feelings to other people.

How did you find being placed with another family?

// Spiral outward, keep going. //