cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anxiety at work

i started work on monday and each day i feel like i’m JUST above water, so close to drowning. i feel useless and dumb. i feel like everyone is judging me, i fell like i don’t belong here and on top of that i just texted my ex who cheated on me multiple times.

Highlighted

Re: anxiety at work

Hey @iworryway2much, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been feeling this way. I can understand how hard it can be to get used to a new job, and feeling inexperienced in it to start off with can be really scary, but it sounds like it’s especially distressing you and negatively impacting you. Would you consider seeing a doctor, counsellor or psychologist to discuss these feelings? Or would you feel comfortable talking to your boss or a colleague about how you are feeling so they may be able to make you feel more at ease about certain things? 

Highlighted

Hi @iworryway2much! Welcome to the forums!

It can be so hard to deal with anxiety at work. Smiley Sad
Is there anything in particular that's making you feel this way?

Highlighted

@WheresMySquishy @thank you! replies like yours make me glad to be here 

it is super hard! 

think what makes it so hard is that most of the time i feel like all eyes are on me and ig i compare myself to the others ev

en tho ive been told it’s an unfair comparison bc they’ve all had years of experience 

Highlighted

Hi @iworryway2much  ! Smiley Very Happy

Focusing on your problems at work, I can definitely relate to how you might be feeling as I went through something similar in my first job. I felt like I was always messing up, I was anxious, worried, and always on edge since I was new. Even after weeks I felt like I hadn't improved and was always feeling scared and stressed at every shift. For me my problem stemmed from not being able to learn fast enough and adapt to the workplace so that I could work efficiently. If that's the same for you than I encourage you to ask for help to improve. There is no shame in asking for a refresher at work so that you do your job better. However if it ever gets too much I encourage you to talk to your manager about what you guys can do. The more you expose yourself and talk to those at work the less intimidating and harsh and scary the environment will seem.

I hope you figure things out !