cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anxiety

hey guys,

i'm kinda new to this, but i'm 14 and suffer from anxiety. 

i'm not sure if you have ever experienced anxiety or if you are experiencing it right now, but i am finding it really hard.

i am at a stage in my life where i sometimes think that i think it will never get better. 

i am not sure if it's all the hormones racing through my body, but sometimes i really just think i want to end things.

i just need some support and would like to know if anyone else feels this way sometimes...

high five or reply back if you can relate x

Re: anxiety

Hey @blu3 wow you are such a self aware, intelligent fourteen year old Heart Thank you so much for this post. Anxiety can be a really hard one, it's a very physical and mental experience so very well done on reaching out for support. Many of our members can relate, a few of them live with G.A.D and for the rest of us, at some time or another we've had to work through anxiety. Are you receiving any support for your anxiety at this stage?  I am going to tag some other members for feedback Smiley Happy

@letitgo @Birdeye @mrmusic @scared01

Hey @blu3 Welcome to RO! Smiley Very Happy
I have moved your post here to get some more applicable support Smiley Happy
A fair few of the users around here have experience with anxiety. I'm sure they'll come and respond with some tips Smiley Happy

I myself suffer from anxiety and I know how hard it can be to get through it at times. Right now I cannot think of what helps me, but I'll come back to it.

When you say that you want to end things, what things are you referring to?
Are you thinking of hurting yourself?

I'm going to tag some people who might be able to help Smiley Happy @Bree-RO @N1ghtW1ng @mrmusic @DruidChild @Birdeye @letitgo

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Hey @blu3, thank you so much for reaching out to us.

You're right - anxiety can be a really tough thing to live with. Please know that you're not alone, and the RO community is here to support you as much as we can.

I often experience anxiety myself, and there are a few things that help me. Have you ever heard of an app called Smiling Mind? It's free, and offers guided meditation and breathing exercises, which can often be really calming.

I also find talking my feelings out with someone I trust can help put things into perspective - is there someone you can trust that you could talk to about what's been going on for you?

Looking forward to hearing back from you Smiley Happy  

// Spiral outward, keep going. //

hello,
thanks for responding to my message.
when i say end it all, i don't mean i would physically want to hurt myself, but it's almost as if i feel like i just don't want to have to go through this anymore because i have had issues with anxiety for the past 4 years.
thanks so much for the support!

thank you so much @Bree-RO for the support! I am seeking support from my school counsellors, however, i am not so sure it's helping me because i have been seeing them for more than a year now and because they are not yet starting to see improvement, they would like to send me off to another professional outside of school which i am not okay with and my parents can't afford it, so i feel like i can't go to them and put on a mask on front of everyone else! i don't think it should be like that. i need some assistance.

hey @Bee ,
thanks for reaching out and giving me some support.
it's not that i want to hurt myself, or am at risk of hurting myself, it's just that i wish i didn't have to go through this anymore as i have been through it for the past 3 years. i wish i could just wake up and not have anixety issues anymore, like what i see in the mirror and have confidence in everything i do.

Hey @blu3 thanks for letting us know about what you meant and your safety Smiley Happy Yeah it can be quite scary seeking professional support. Do you mainly not want to because your parents would potentially find out? Or is it just the money? There are bulk billing psychs Smiley Happy However there's also kids helpline who work with people your age, they have web chat and phone available (1800 55 1800) and are totally confidential. It is an ongoing process getting on top of anxiety, so don't go too hard on yourself because it definitely can take time. Do any strategies work for you at the moment? 

@blu3 you're welcome!
That's okay Smiley Happy Wanted to make sure you were safe.
I can empathise with wanting to not have to go through anxiety. Sometimes it feels like a burden, but it can be overcome, and we can learn to manage our anxiety Smiley Happy

Sounds like there is a worry about your parents not being able to afford this other place the school counsellor wants you to see. We actually have an awesome thread about that stuff here-> https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Getting-Help/Confused-about-how-to-access-mental-health-services/m...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

hey @letitgo ,
my counsellor introduced me to smiling minds and i do use it a lot, but i am not so sure it helps me personally.
i do talk to my friends about things, but i try not to talk about it with them very often as it hasn't worked out in the past (them getting sick of it and moving on resulting in a loss of friendship) and i have some trust issues around it, but thanks for the helpful suggestions. i am just not sure what the next step should be besides professional help?