cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bipolar

My psychiatrist has been uming and arring if I'm bipolar II or not for the last year. but today he officially said that I am. I'm having a hypomanic episode atm and it was awkward talking to my psychiatrist about it. But I knew I had to.
I'm sick of my mental health ruining my life. Now I've got something else added onto it. I hate being bpd and bipolar. I want to have normal moods emotions and thoughts.

I've been given double medication and sleeping pills to bring this high back to normal, but I don't want it to stop. it's so nice not being depressed for once. I have all this energy and euphoria and everything feels fun. But I know it could also get worse because I'm so impulsive and the voices are being assholes.
I don't know what to do
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Re: bipolar

Hey redhead, if you think about it - this isn't something else added onto it, it's already been going on for awhile. It's just that now it's diagnosed you might be able to get some proper treatment. From what I've heard it's not uncommon to not want the manic/high episode to end.

You probably know a bit already about treatment for bipolar but I thoiught this info on self help strategies for bipolar disorder was pretty interesting - what's you take on it? This was a nice little story too.

Thanks for sharing this big news with us, I hope it's a step towards recovery for you

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Thanks @Sophie-RO the info was really helpful. I don't know as much about bipolar as I do borderline. My treatment isn't really going to change with this new diagnosis, I'm already on a mood stabilizer and an antipsychotic for my borderline. The antipsychotic is just going to be increased during my hypomania.
And the story was hopeful, I could also relate to it.

I'm a bit scared of therapy tomorrow. I don't know how my therapist will respond to the high. She's seen me depressed but not like this. I don't know what to say or how to act.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

@redhead it's totally understandable that you're nervous since things have just kinda changed and you're going through something kind of new to you, but rememeber that therapists are trained really well to handle tons of different situations, and she should know what you're going through and what to do to help. Good luck, and let us know how you go! Keep on keepin' on! Smiley Happy

@ohheylisa my therapist called in sick today which I'm grateful for lol.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

"I don't want it to stop. it's so nice not being depressed for once."

YES YES YES.  That is what is so hard about bipolar - the highs can be so fantastic. I guess as tempting as it is to let it continue and to enjoy it, please take care of yourself. Tell your doctors (well done for doing it! Seriously amazing!!!), don't stop taking your medication. If you can manage the high and not let it get too out of control hopefully the crash won't be as severe. 

It probably feels like it really sucks to have another diagnosis added to you. But you are pretty lucky. From memory the average time for a diagnosis for bipolar is 15 years. Knowing what it is means you can fight it and treat it better and that's great Smiley Happy It's also great to know exactly what is 'wrong' with you. 

You said your treatment probably won't change. You can work with your team to come up with tools to deal with the highs - that might be a change. 

There are info sheets on here but Black Dog Institute also have heaps of stuff on bipoalr as well. Knowledge is power. 

Take care Smiley Very Happy