cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bulimia

hi everyone

I have just joined and I couldn't bring myself to talk to my family or friends.

lately I have been feeling terrible about the way I look. I try to avoid looking at myself in mirrors and Everytime somebody looks at me I feel ashamed. I feel gross and disgusting. I've started not eating because Everytime I eat I feel the need to make myself vomit. I stop because I know that once I do it there's no going back. my friends know parts of it but they don't know jow bad its gotten. I feel so bad about my mum because im always throwing out my lunch and I love her loads and don't want to upset her by telling her. I don't have bulimia but im scared if this goes on I will soon. this cycle happens every couple of months, im fine for 2-3 months and then I just catch myself and the mirror and realise how disgusting I am. I don't know what to do anymore.

Re: bulimia

Hi @sara4590 Welcome to Reach Out! 

I moved your post to "Tough Times" since it was more appropriate. You've probably noticed I had to edit your post a bit to remove some content. We just have to be mindful of the Reach Out Guidelines Smiley Happy

It must have been really tough to share your story. You're really brave and made a good choice.  

You mentioned you feel this way on and off every couple of months. How long have you been feeling this way? 

Have you spoken to a GP or counsellor about it? You can also try Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 to speak to a professional.

~Lina/RO

Re: bulimia

Welcome to Reach Out @sara4590. Thank you for sharing some of your body image/eating struggles with us. If your friends know some of it, do you think you could confide in some/one of them regarding this cycle you go through?

Alternatively, is there a counsellor at your school you might be able to talk to about this?

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

// Spiral outward, keep going. //