cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can’t take it anymore

Hi @litgym,

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough night last night Heart We are here for you if you need to chat today Smiley Happy What do you have planned between now and when you see the psychologist today?

Would it help to talk through things to help you prepare for the appointment today? I'm sure that the community can offer their experiences of how they manage preparing for appointments and the nerves beforehand. 

Hoping the visit goes well and thinking of you today Smiley Happy

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

hey @Jess1-RO

im getting my braces off in an hour and then ill probably do i quick stock up on some makeup i’ve run out of.

it would help if you guys gave me heads up what usually happens on the first appointment with the psychologist.

i just found out i have a french speaking assessment in 2 weeks which is weird because we have it every 2 terms and i already had it last term. i don’t know how im gonna do it :/

Hi @litgym,

We can have certainly have a chat about what it is like to go to a psychologist appointment for the first time. I found this thread here  that explains what to expect really well and is from the experiences of other members accessing support Smiley Happy

From my experience, the first session is really about getting to know you, why you are there and working out a plan to support you Smiley Happy The psychologist will ask you questions about what is happening in your life, your past experiences, your supports and your current stresses. They will speak to you about what to expect and give you a chance to build trust and see if they are the person you want to work with. 

You can share as much or as little as you want, but I would really recommend being as open and honest as possible so you get the most out of the session Smiley Happy 

I might just tag a few other people who might be able to add their insights into what to expect Smiley Happy

@Bee @scared01 @Esperanza67 @N1ghtW1ng @DruidChild @gina-RO

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

hey @litgym i think @Jess1-RO has covered pretty much my experiences for a first session too. its mostly about getting to know you and whats been happening for you.
remember how i suggested a while ago to write down some things like whats been bothering you/what your struggling with, and what you might need some help with...? it would be good to take with you for this first session too.

hope you feel abit better with your braces off! will be around for a little while if you need to talk more
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

hey @Jess1-RO

thanks for the thread link, it was very helpful. yeah im quite nervous and really tired. i had an awful night sleep and im just not in the mood for anything. i just wanna sleep. so seeing the psych is gonna be a struggle but she is only 5 minutes away from my house which is a bonus.

hey @scared01

ill probably write down some things i wanna talk about. im just nervous opening up. i know it’s a normal thing and the psych has heard it all before but i still feel so judged and im not “allowed” to feel how i do.

it was so painful getting my braces off :/ i look so weird without them and now i have to have a plate again Smiley Sad

Hey @litgym, its perfectly normal to feel really nervous about opening up for the first time, and the psychologist would understand. I think writing things down is a very good idea. It also might be worth mentioning to them the way you feel judged?

@Jess1-RO and @scared01 have basically summed things up very well in that your first appointment is a good chance to build a connection with your psychologist and see if they are a person who you would feel comfortable working with on that level.

Hoping the visit goes well for you. Please let us know how you go. ❤️

@litgym im sorry that was so painful, hugs Heart
i dont think you would look weird, just different esp since braces arent just a few weeks thing and im sure youll get use to the plate too Smiley Happy its been a big session for you, go eay on yourself.

i understand those feelings of 'not allowed' but you are allowed to and here you can be honest with how your going/feeling Heart good luck, i hope it all goes well for you.
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@litgym I hope your appointment goes well today!
The other members have given you lots of helpful advice Smiley Happy

You are absolutely allowed to feel how you feel. Remember that the space you see your psychologist is a safe place. You are allowed to show how you feel. <3

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@Bee @scared01 @mrmusic

i completely shut down during it. i said stuff but i could of said more. i didn’t get around telling her about depression because she was filing out a questionnaire and talking about anxiety the whole time. now she’s talking to my mum ew. she’s nice i guess, ive never been a fan of talking to people expect for someone i really trust and i look up to like my teacher.