cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: can’t take it anymore

yep @scared01

ahaha. idk i feel like my coach wouldn’t understand. im not really close with her and im not completing anymore so i kinda just play around with my friends most of the time. i don’t know if she’ll take me seriously. i also have trust issues with coaches im not close with. i use to have this male coach and i just trust male coaches way more than female. i guess because they’re “stronger” which isn’t true but in my mind it is.

@litgym
Hopefully, you're able to talk to your doctor about your sleep. Lack of sleep can make anxiety run rampant and feel a lot harder to cope with.

Hmm I haven't done Gymnastics, but I have photographed a few circus gymnastics sessions before. From that, I learnt that the coaches priority is your safety, so if you're not feeling safe doing by yourself they need to listen.
You mentioned that you can do the backwards walkover with assistance but you freak out when you have to do it yourself. I wonder if you've worked with the trainer or a friend to build your confidence in it, so instead of them assisting you, just being there to catch you if you fall etc or help your formation as you go over, does that make sense?

Join us from Monday 14th in our SLOW-MO GR about New Year Goals & Resolutions
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

yeah i really need some sleep but i can’t :/ @Bee

yeah it makes totally sense. my coach spots me but im still warming up to her (if that makes sense). my old coach use to do this thing where she would make me do back walkovers on repeat and each time she’ll take a step back and continue. then she would end up helping some else while she kept saying “do another one”.

@litgym spotting that's the word Smiley Tongue
That sounds like a really awesome coach!
It makes sense that you're still warming up to her, relationships with coaches are built on trust, keep working on it Smiley Happy

What is your favourite thing about gymnastics?

ahaha yeah @Bee

my favourite thing about gymnastics is probably all the friendships you make. i still see my friends from my old gym a lot. i actually saw one on my bus this afternoon Smiley Happy i also like the feeling when you’ve achieved that skill after so long. i use still be able to do a front flip, back flip, back walkover, ariel, back handspring and so much more (you probably have no idea what these are) but ive lost these all due to my anxiety and 9 month break last year :/

That's awesome @litgym
I know what a few of them look like, but don't ask me to do them Smiley Tongue
Are you going to work on getting those skills back?

thats ok @litgym it really is about enjoying yourself mostly Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

im working on them i guess @Bee i just freak out and still warming up to my coach. 

i had an alright day Smiley Happy we saw a movie with my school and went out for lunch which was fun ! i might see my gym friend tomorrow and hopefully i just have a good weekend🤞

yeah definitely @scared01

overall i do love gymnastics it’s just a struggle to get myself there :/

@litgym it's okay, you are working on them, and it may take time but you are trying and at the end of the day that is all you can ask for Smiley Happy
And that is great that you are working on warming up to your coach Smiley Happy

ohh nice! What movie did you see?