cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: cant do this

i just have so much going on in my head
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 I think you have hit the nail on the head. Can you think of one thing that will either help distract you or relax you from what's going on in your head?

I was so tired last night @Sally-RO I put on rain and I was out like a light till nearly 10. I need to work on all this stuff though

I just feel like everyone is telling me that my hardest isn't enough and is expecting so much more from me

Hey @j95, wanna talk about it?

Yeah but everytime I try to make things better I dont, I'm so shit @Bree-RO

Hey @j95 I know it's easy for you to feel shit about yourself when things are stormy, I am concerned that sort of self talk is not helping you though mate. It sounds like you have too many things demanding your attention at the moment.

Can I ask is there one thing causing you more distress than all of the other things going on at the moment?

Maybe we could yarn it out?

@Bree-RO Its mostly the work stuff, and mum and my brother

But I didn't add this to the list, another thing on my mind is Christmas. Every year I volunteer and that's good I enjoy it, but it's also a really really tough time of the year for me. I've never had a family Christmas, the Christmas morning and lunch, all that stuff, I know to most people that probably seems like I'm dwelling on something that isn't that important but it makes me feel lonely and reminds me of the family that aren't there for me and how I've always been on my own during Christmas, every year, even when I was younger we never did anything, Christmas wasn't even a thing in our house. And when I walk through the shops, all the decorations and stuff - it doesn't make me feel good like it does to other people. It just makes me feel like there is a massive gap between me and everyone else. I feel so different.,

It makes me sad that a lot of people fail to think about others during this time, they just buy, buy, buy hoping it will make themselves or others feel good but it goes so much deeper than that

Oh man @j95 that's so rad that you volunteer! What sort of area within volunteering? If it helps it is just another day of the year, it certainly doesn't define you or the amount of love out there for ya (such as the RO love! Smiley Very Happy)

Is there anyone you could chill with on Chrissy? Or is that the day you volunteer? Hey how is it going with your lil bro I have been meaning to ask...