cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dont know what to do with myself

Oh @scared01 - I am sorry! It seems you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to do the right thing, but you are taking the right steps. Even though you haven't made the phone call yet, it doesn't matter. You know what you need to do and when the time feels right, you can make that call. It is a totally different situation - but I avoided making a phone call today to a school I am supposed to be working at soon because I am so anxious about doing shifts there. So I have given myself some slack - it is okay to be anxious and not want to do these things. And it can feel even more overwhelming when we put this pressure on ourselves. 

Could you perhaps get someone to make the call for you? 

Tomorrow I am making a goal to ring the school. I don't know if I will do it because I am very nervous, but I will try. Maybe you can too? 

its sos hard sometimes isnt it Smiley Sad it would be easier if they had an email option but they dont. they dont even give you the number for the place until reception rings you. its cause its within a private hospital thing so i guess they value the privacy as well.
ive been trying every day. i get the number on phone and i can never ring. i see my nurse in about 2 weeks maybe she could help with that.

i get what you mean about the pressure we put on ourselves. us humans can be quite silly sometimes @mspaceK
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

I think going to your appointment is important @scared01 . And getting the courage to ring can be so difficult. I am wondering if you could get yourself to go into the venue to make the appointment. Would that be a possibility? 

no not really @mspaceK
since its the school holidays there are to many people that i know in the area which would mean heaps of questions that i cant deal with. alot of my mh is a secret i guess you could say

Oh yes - @scared01 - I totally get that. I get scared going to my local headspace after school hours because I work with children and teenagers and get worried that there will be students I have taught there and then that will spark interest and questions about why I am there...and when it comes to therapy groups..well, how the heck do I explain why i am there? It is my safe place which I have been going to for years. Anyhoo - getting back to you, that is totally understandable that you keep your MH stuff a secret. Only certain people know about my MH issues. I like to keep it on the down low. ...so going there is out then! What about someone close to you? Is there anyone who could make the phone call for you? 

exactly @mspaceK thats how i am too. some kids are there before school too and ive run into people there before its super awkward!
yep thats the same for me, the people that know about my mh basically arent supportive anyway so makes it really hard. i literally have to do it all on my own.

my nurse is good though and i think she may be able to help me

It really sucks to feel like you are all alone @scared01 . There are times when I feel like I am dealing with everything all on my own and it is really scary. I know it isn't true though - and when you said that you have your nurse and that your nurse might be able to help you - that is amazing and proof that there are people out there who can help us. We, of course - take the full front of everything we are dealing with and yes, we do manage it on our own, which is hard and is also making us stronger people..it isn't fair but we're fighting it, hey? Can you contact your nurse? When are you seeing her next? 

i am lucky to have my nurse @mspaceK she has been with me since before i left highschool so around 6 yrs now so i trust her.
i see her in uh pretty sure its 2 weeks now so i can ask her then and she will probabaly ring in my appointment time to check my avaliability and things

That is such a great step @scared01 and a really good plan of action. It may not be immediate but you're doing a great job. 

How are you feeling at the moment? 

thanks @mspaceK
still not that good Smiley Sad still have lots of urges and things happening.