cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: dont know what to do with myself

above post @Andrea-RO
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Oh sorry @scared01! Looks like the post didn't come up when I refreshed. 

That does sound like a super difficult situation, particularly when it comes from the people you would want to be the most understanding. It also sounds like you're struggling with the fact that your mum doesn't seem to prioritise your social life which can sometimes feel really unfair (especially when it has happened so last minute like in this case!). 

What has been your mum's reaction to you telling her that you'd appreciate a bit more forewarning before asking you to do her a favour? Is there any chance you would be able to decline, or at least set up a scenario in which you feel comfortable declining such requests in the future? 

thats ok @Andrea-RO

it is rather difficult. i had some appointments tomorrow but i now have to cancel. i knew it was hard to make appts in the holidays anyway so shouldnt have expected to be able to go. unfortunatly my mother knows i dont have a social life outside of family so thinks she can dump on me anytime.

i can say no sometimes, but its more when ive had abit of forewarning so she can arranage other alternatives to me.

School holidays sounds like a busy time for you @scared01. When do the kids go back to school?

How are you feeling today? I can imagine that cancelling appointments would have been really challenging, particularly when you have been working really hard to stay on top of your health. Thinking of you today and hoping you get some "me time" in between watching the kids today Heart

Did you know we have new Community Guidelines? You can check them out here

thanks @Jess1-RO
im not coping well at all today. my depression is really coming out, struggles with family today that make me question alot of things, and ive had an hrs sleep due to nightmares. really bad ones so doesnt seem to be a good mix for me today.
kids go back tuesday but its not making it easier on me, my roles have been increased again.
at the moment i couldnt care less about me, starting to wish i wasnt here at all

Hey @scared01. Here to chat if you want. Hugs.

It's ok to not be ok. We all feel this way sometimes.

thanks Lexi_Lou

@mspaceK
i got in touch with the new psychiatrist today

Yes!!! @scared01  I'm so proud of you Smiley Very Happy Well done. 

How did it go?