cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: eating issues

You have a great opportunity now to set up a fresh routine in your new place @redhead  so that's a positive! What are some of the ways you could use this change of environment in a healthy way?

I'm over this.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Hey @redhead 

I thought I'd cut and paste this from your earlier post

"It will be interesting to see what happens with the ED when all the stress about moving calms down and I get used to all the other changes that have happened over the last month."

Don't forget to keep reminding ourself that you are in the midst of a huge life upheaval. Moving is traumatic at the very best of times but when it's moving out of home, away from supports and what you're used to, it's massive!!!

It makes perfect sense that old behaviours will have flared up. That is normal when you stop one behaviour anyway but you have stayed clear of the hospital for 4 weeks and moved out of home.

How would you feel about giving yourself a bit of time to settle in and let things calm a bit?

@NigioC It's just hard. I'm trying to give myself some time. But every day I'm getting worse. I'm getting quite unwell quite quickly.

And I didn't move out of home, ivd been out of home for 2.5 years. I moved out of supported accommodation so I guess it's just as big.

I just spoke to lifeline because everything was getting too much, I agreed to stay safe tonight.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire

Hey @redhead 

That's greatt that you called Lifeline. And I'm stoked you made a committment to keeping yourself safe tonight.

I knew you were in supported care so I apologise if it sounded like I thought you were just now leaving your family home. But exactly as you say, it's every bit as big a deal. 

I know you're having a really crappy week / last few days but I hope you get a moment soon to congratulate yourself for completing such a huge transition. I think it's all more proof of how amazing you are!!

Smiley Happy

I'm really glad you mentioned what a huge transition it can be (and what a huge stress!) moving houses, @NigioC! I keep meaning to say that to @redhead also. I have read that moving house is up there with bereavement and divorce in terms of stress levels, so I really do hope that given some time to settle into your new place you'll find it easier to get back in control, redhead. Take care.

blithe

It wasn't that stressful moving. I had lots of support and help. It also helped that I was on a high.
I love my new place and have adjusted quite well. But my behaviours are getting worse. Every day I'm losing more weight and things are getting out of control. But tbh I don't want to stop. as much as I hate it I love it too. I spoke to my therapist about it and she said there is nothin she can do to help me. I feel helpless. I feel like I'm going to get really sick like I was last time. I don't know what to do anymore. I can't stop doing this. I'm sorry for posting about this.
Trying to make my misery
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Hey @redhead 

I'm sorry this is causing you so much pain. You seem very genuine about wanting to get past your ED but it is very hard too do if it's still meeting a need of yours. No matter how painful something is, if t's giving us something we want, we usually keep at it.

It's only when the cost is greater than the pay off, do we stop.

Are you able to identify with your therpist what it is that the ED gives you? It might be a sense of control, or achievement or self worth. Only you can say. Then, once you know, you can start identifying alternative ways to get that result.

Does that make sense?