cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed my job

I've just got an email and apparently i failed my job iv. It broke my heart so bad that I feel like I just want to disappear or vanish myself into the air. I don't know what I did wrong. Or maybe I'm just content to failure. 

Re: failed my job

Hi @stressfulsara - Welcome to ReachOut :-)

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job you wanted.  You probably didn't do anything wrong at all - they just hired someone who was slightly more suitable for whatever reason - and you're not a failure.

Most recruiters are pretty happy to give feedback if asked, so could you try emailing or calling them to get some tips for how to focus your efforts in future interviews?

And again, welcome!

Hello @stressfulsara

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job. This doesn't mean you're a failure or anything. The other person might have had more experience than you, nothing you could have done. 

You have to realise the job market is tough and if you're serious on getting a job meaning handling out a lot of resumes, going on a lot of interviews...there will be rejections. But! You will find that dream job one day, you can't give up because you didn't get this one. 

@Bee can tell you how hard it is to get a job and that rejection, by no means, indicates your worth. 

Hi @stressfulsara I agree 100% with what @Lola-RO & @LeoTheLion have said.
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job you applied for.
It really sucks when we get that news! When I get told I was unsuccessful for the job, I allow myself to grieve over the news, and I do something nice for me to help me feel a bit better. When I'm feeling up to it, I might ask for feedback if I cannot identify what went wrong myself.

Get to know each other more in our monthly Introduce Yourself HERE!

We updated our guidelines! Check them out HERE!
Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart